calfordseaden is a leading multi-disciplined construction and property consultancy. We provide a definitive range of services to the UK building and construction industry covering chartered building & quantity surveying, project management, architecture & master planning, civil & structural engineering, mechanical & electrical engineering, sustainability and health & safety.
- Ensuring that work is carried out to the client’s standards, specification, correct materials, workmanship and schedule.
- Becoming familiar with all the relevant drawings and written instructions, checking them and using them as a reference when inspecting work.
- Being aware of legal requirements (i.e. Building Regulations etc) and checking that the work complies with them.
- Having a working knowledge of health and safety legislation and bringing any shortfalls observed to the attention of the project team.
- Clear communication with the internal and external stakeholders by way of formal reports produced in Microsoft Word/Excel.
Projects include new build and refurbishment of residential, commercial and education buildings. You’ll be part of a project team and will liaise with internal and external stakeholders effectively along with carrying out regular inspections to monitor quality and progress.
The role will involve traveling to various construction sites, however it is anticipated that 1-2 days per week will be office based in order to review drawings / specifications and produce inspection reports.
Applicants will require the following;
- CSCS Card
- Full UK Driving License
- Strong Construction knowledge
- Professional membership such ICWCI/MCIOB/MRICS would be beneficial
We’re seeking someone who has strong all round construction knowledge and is updated with the current building regulations. The applicant will ideally either have a construction site management background, building control or construction warranty inspection experience.
Training and Development:
The Practice is keen to assist individuals in developing any work related professional interests. The Practice takes training seriously, providing practical and financial assistance to all personnel.
calfordseaden are an Equal Opportunities Employer and are committed to and support the principles of equality of opportunity in employment, training and service delivery.
Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006:
We are required under this Act to ensure that all Employees have the right to work in the UK and the right to do the work offered. Therefore, at interview all potential Employees must provide original documentation that demonstrates their right to work in the UK. Photocopies of documents provided will be retained on the successful applicant’s file.
If you would like to apply for this vacancy, please click the Apply Now button on the right.