calfordseaden is a leading multi-disciplined construction and property consultancy. We provide a definitive range of services to the UK building and construction industry covering chartered building & quantity surveying, project management, architecture & master planning, civil & structural engineering, mechanical & electrical engineering, sustainability and health & safety.
- Although based in Orpington, the role may also require working from time to time from the London office as required.
- To be able to prepare robust and accurate tender and contract packages.
- A sound grasp of development control and funding / delivery standards within the housing sector.
- To be able to undertake all day to day administrative duties on the delivery of new build housing (and in some case mixed-use) developments under the terms of JCT D&B Contracts or bespoke Development Agreements.
- Responsible for working on various stages of projects from inception to completion, ensuring they are completed on time and within budget and to the highest quality.
- An ability to record, document and instruct necessary actions as required for the delivery of Contracts.
- To be able to identify aspects of risk and to seek guidance from Senior Colleagues at the correct time in order to manage and mitigate such risks.
- An ability to undertake basic functions autonomously, but to recognise when additional or senior input is required.
- Some experience of Party Wall matters would be an advantage although not essential.
- To report directly to the Partner in charge.
- University degree and working towards APC/RICS qualifications.
- Building Surveying / Quantity Surveying background with a minimum of two years of experience.
- Full UK Drivers Licence.
Essential Personal Skills:
- Good interpersonal skills, able to interact with colleagues, clients and wider team in a professional manner
- Diligent with attention to detail
- Able to think ahead and problem solve
- Reporting to a Partner within the practice
- Able to work within a team
Training and Development:
The Practice is keen to assist individuals in developing any work related professional interests. The Practice takes training seriously, providing practical and financial assistance to all personnel.
calfordseaden are an Equal Opportunities Employer and are committed to and support the principles of equality of opportunity in employment, training and service delivery.
Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006:
We are required under this Act to ensure that all Employees have the right to work in the UK and the right to do the work offered. Therefore, at interview all potential Employees must provide original documentation that demonstrates their right to work in the UK. Photocopies of documents provided will be retained on the successful applicant’s file.
If you would like to apply for this vacancy, please click the Apply Now button on the right.