We are looking for someone able to provide full suite of skills consummate with a Senior Engineer position. Primarily the role would suit a Senior Engineer with a minimum 3 years’ experience in a similar position and would suit someone who is looking to further their career with a forward looking ambitious multi-disciplinary consulting engineers. The successful candidate would be expected to be able to lead projects from inception, through delivery to completion.
The successful candidate will be able to provide support for the growing team in our Cambridge Office, working on projects situated locally as well as further afield. Our coverage area typically extends from Cambridge to Oxford to the west, southwards into London and north to Birmingham, which gives a large catchment area for potential future work.
The current work is predominantly large residential schemes working directly for developers but the vision will be to further diversify our work streams into other markets such as the education, leisure and commercial sectors.
The role is considered strategically import to the growth of the team in Cambridge and a key step in the further planned expansion of the team, with this role would be seen providing both essential support to the current management structure and also bringing the necessary engineering expertise to the team for future mentoring of younger engineers as and when they are appointed.
Who this role reports into:
The successful candidate would report directly the M&E Partner based in Cambridge
- Client and design team liaison
- Design planning and management
- Electrical design calculations
- Drawing preparation for CAD team (CAD/BIM services via central resource)
- Specification writing (both NBS and bespoke to suit project)
- Technical review of information produced by others
- Checking of installation stage design working information produced by others
- Attendance at design and site stage meetings
- On-site installation inspections and defects scheduling
- Handover procedure and witness testing
- Any other reasonable responsibilities that may be relevant to this post.
- Due to the nature of this post, the post-holder will be expected to provide a clear enhanced/standard/basic DBS check.
This job description will be subject to review in the light of changing circumstances and may include other duties and responsibilities as may be determined. It is not intended to be rigid or inflexible but should be regarded as providing guidelines within which the individual works.
All employees are responsible for records held, created or used as part of their work for calfordseaden, whether paper-based or electronic, which also includes emails. Records should be managed and stored appropriately and should in all cases comply with the requirements of the Data Protection Act 1998.
Essential Criteria (qualifications, experience, skills, qualities etc)
- Minimum of HNC or higher
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in similar role
- Excellent technical skills
- Member of IET or CIBSE
- Good communication skills
- Good organization skills
- Ability to mentor
- Good team working ethic
- Preferably Charted status (or working towards achieving)
- Basic working knowledge of mechanical engineering systems
- Good ability in all office suite software
- Ability to adapt to use various design software programs
The appointment is subject to proof of the attainment of any qualifications deemed essential to the post and used as a basis for shortlisting and selection. Failure to provide evidence of the required qualifications will result in the offer of employment being withdrawn.
Calfordseaden is an Equal Opportunities Employer and is committed to and support the principles of equality of opportunity in employment, training and service delivery.
Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006:
We are required under this Act to ensure that all Employees have the right to work in the UK and the right to do the work offered. Therefore, at interview all potential Employees must provide original documentation that demonstrates their right to work in the UK. Photocopies of documents provided will be retained on the successful applicant’s file.
If you would like to apply for this vacancy, please click the Apply Now button on the right.