Calfordseaden is a leading multi-disciplined construction and property consultancy. We provide a definitive range of services to the UK building and construction industry covering chartered building & quantity surveying, project management, architecture & master planning, civil & structural engineering, mechanical & electrical engineering, sustainability and health & safety.
- Take a leading role in the design team and manage an interdisciplinary M&E team on a wide range of commercial, residential and education projects from £1m – £300m.
- Develop new opportunities for the M&E team within the current client base and establish new client contacts.
- Take a lead in projects to design low energy and renewable technology to meet with regulation and planning requirements.
- Work with the internal senior team to develop the M&E group resource and workloads.
- Take an active role in the management of the group to expand and develop new and existing business.
- Develop and present project design proposals to a client following the external brief and internal discussions so that client requirements are met, acting as either lead internal consultant or as member of a team.
- Prepare, ready for tender, specifications, designs, drawings, equipment schedules and contract documentation.
- Issue in conjunction with the client, contract documentation to tender, adjudicate and recommend appropriate contractor to meet project requirements.
- Establish and agree clear responsibility as lead internal consultant for the project.
- When acting as lead Consultant undertake all aspects of project management as defined by the client in his letter of appointment.
- Standards of Practice, you are expected to maintain a high level of professional and engineering standards and observe the legal requirements and professional guidelines of the relative professional bodies
- Professional Bodies, you are expected to be registered and maintain registration with the Engineering Council which will be reimbursed by calfordseaden
- Continuing education, the employee will be required to keep up-to-date with developments in Engineering through undertaking continuing professional development on a regular basis.
Training and Development:
The Practice is keen to assist individuals in developing work related professional interests. The Practice takes training seriously, providing practical and financial assistance to all personnel.
Calfordseaden are an Equal Opportunities Employer and are committed to and support the principles of equality of opportunity in employment, training and service delivery.
Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006: List of Documents
The Practice is required under this Act to ensure that all Employees have the right to work in the UK and the right to do the work offered. At interview all potential Employees must provide one of the original documents set out in List 1 or two of the original documents in the combinations given in List 2 (as attached to the application form). It is not necessary to produce documents from both lists. Photocopies of documents provided will be retained on the successful applicant’s file.
If you would like to apply for this vacancy, please click the Apply Now button on the right.
This job description will be subject to review in the light of changing circumstances and may include other duties and responsibilities as may be determined. It is not intended to be rigid or inflexible but should be regarded as providing guidelines within which the individual works.
The appointment is subject to proof of the attainment of any qualifications deemed essential to the post and used as a basis for shortlisting and selection. Failure to provide evidence of the required qualifications will result in the offer of employment being withdrawn