24.11.2015

calfordseaden act as Quality Inspectors on luxury apartments in London

calfordseaden act as Quality Inspectors on luxury apartments in London

calfordseaden recently assisted Berkeley Homes to undertake the final Quality Inspections of a series of luxury apartments in Aldgate, Central London.

The luxury homes are part of a wider mixed-use development scheme, comprising the following:

•    In excess of 600 private luxury apartments
•    Nearly 300 affordable homes
•    Student accommodation with over 600 rooms
•    A hotel
•    Commercial space
•    Landscaped public areas
•    Private roof gardens
•    Leisure facilities including a pool, health centre, spa and gym
•    A training centre for local employment opportunities.

Our involvement was the result of Berkeley Homes’ requirement , at very short notice, for a Quality Assessor who could ensure a high standard of finish was achieved in the luxury apartments, and that the deadlines for handover could be met.

David Roberts was already fulfilling the role of Employer’s Agent on behalf of Peabody, for the affordable homes element of the scheme. During the course of his appointment he had established a good working relationship with the Development Director of Berkeley Homes, who requested calfordseaden’s assistance.

The appointment in this phase of the scheme is now drawing to a close, with 90% of the apartments successfully handed over ready for marketing and occupation. The remaining 10% are awaiting re-inspection to ensure the works identified by our Quality Assessors have been completed to a satisfactory standard; to allow them to certify the apartments as ready for handover.

The Berkeley Homes team have been impressed with our ability to respond quickly and provide a proactive service, that resulted the internal targets being met. Berkeley Homes have now intimated they wish to re-appoint calfordseaden to fulfil the same role for the next phase of the project, which will be on a much larger scale than the one just completed.

Looks like a promising relationship is developing with one of London’s most prolific and well-regarded house builders!