Partners Guy Rapley, Alex Burton and Paul Doman met with members of Hyde Housing Association to deliver a CPD presentation focusing on the evolution of the role of the Clerk of Works and the essential part it plays in delivering quality in today’s challenging construction sector.
Hyde’s Development Teams from their South, Kent and London divisions gathered for an informative session which covered topics including:
- The Clerk of Works’ role in design
- The role of the Clerk of Works in ensuring on-site quality
- Quality assurance procedures for monitoring performance and consistency of a team
- The importance of post-project analysis
- The importance of a well-defined client brief
The presentation, entitled ‘Out of Sight, Out of Mind: Construction and the Role of the Clerk of Works’, was followed by an animated session from Paul Doman, who ran through over 100 photos of building defects (!), and a closing Q&A session which continued over lunch. It all made for a successful event which demystified the role and left the client with lots of food for thought.
Read more about our Clerk of Works services here: https://calfordseaden.com/services/clerk-of-works/