This major scheme regenerates and refocuses a prominent brownfield area that runs alongside a main rail link into London from the South coast.
The phased redevelopment provided a total of 634 new mixed tenure homes, including for sale, shared ownership, and rental units, together with a new primary care health centre, a supermarket and other retail outlets, youth facilities, leisure facilities, council offices, landscaped open spaces, a car club and secure bicycle spaces. The development has a basement car park serving the ground floor supermarket and residential units. The buildings
were constructed in reinforced concrete and steel frame.
All project partners are championing community initiatives including providing residents with employment and training opportunities.
To date the Bermondsey Spa Regeneration has achieved numerous prestigious awards including:
- RTPI Awards 2011, Sustainable Communities: Commended
- London Planning Awards 2010, Best New Place to Live: Winner
- Housebuilder Awards 2010, Best Regeneration Project: Winner
- Evening Standard New Homes Award 2010, Best Regeneration Project: Winner
- HCA Award 2010, Quality of Place Category: Highly Commended
- Housing Design Awards 2010: Completed: Shortlisted
- British Homes Award 2010, Regeneration: Shortlisted
- RTPI Awards 2010, City & Metropolitan Areas: Shortlisted
- RICS Awards 2010, Regeneration: Shortlisted
- British Homes Awards 2010, Regeneration: Shortlisted
- Housing Design Awards 2007: Project: Shortlisted
- HomeBuilder Awards 2005: AJ Best Portfolio