We are offering an exciting opportunity for an Architectural Technician to join our dynamic, multi-award winning architectural team. The position offers excellent career progression and development opportunities, benefitting from a wide range of exposure to a variety of project types, clients and build stages. You will be working in a highly coordinated multi-disciplinary environment on cutting–edge buildings, new and historic, with values ranging from £5m to £100m.
This position will operate primarily from our Orpington office, but may include opportunities to work from our other practices located in:- London, Birmingham, Cambridge, Hampshire, and Essex, undertaking projects all over the UK. It will be primarily office-based, but will also provide opportunities to visit sites, attend meetings and interact with all levels of management and client teams.
Our teams work both independently and together, but always provide mutual support ensuring that our designs are at the forefront of construction technology and innovation, backed up by a wealth of professional experience. This includes a whole-practice commitment to Building Information Modelling, operating in REVIT within a unified design environment on the most up-to-date CAD and BIM systems, alongside industry acknowledged experts.
calfordseaden takes the wellbeing and development of their staff seriously. In joining us you will find a purpose to your work, a clear career path and make some good friends along the way.
We are not accepting CV's from recruitment agencies for this role
- To play an active role within the project teams to deliver packages and designs as directed by project leaders
- To be aware of individual project parameters and take personal responsibility for delivery to programme, cost and quality requirements
- To be aware and manage priorities and help to achieve both project and group deliverables
- To be proactive in achieving continuous progression and improvement in the Group’s technical prowess and approach to technical challenges
- Encouraged to take responsibility for tasks
- Hold a recognised Architectural Technician/Technologist’s qualification
- Be a member of CIAT or equivalent institute or association
- Creative and problem-solving approach with good design and presentation skills
- Good communication skills, verbal, written and drawn
- Good interpersonal skills to fit in well with the team and create relationships with clients
- A passion for the built environment and construction
- Well organised, self-motivated and proactive to solve problems and meet deadlines
- Willingness to learn from and to lead colleagues and develop a wide range of relevant skills
REVIT, BIM, NBS Create
Training and Development
The Practice is keen to assist individuals in developing work related professional interests. The Practice takes training seriously, providing practical and financial assistance to all personnel.
Calfordseaden is an Equal Opportunities Employer and is committed to and support the principles of equality of opportunity in employment, training and service delivery.
Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006: List of Documents
The Practice is required under this Act to ensure that all Employees have the right to work in the UK and the right to do the work offered.
At interview all potential Employees must provide one of the original documents set out in List A or two of the original documents in the combinations given in List B (Please see Supporting Document 1). It is not necessary to produce documents from both lists.
Photocopies of documents provided will be retained on the successful applicant's file.
This job description will be subject to review in the light of changing circumstances and may include other duties and responsibilities as may be determined. It is not intended to be rigid or inflexible but should be regarded as providing guidelines within which the individual works.
Under General Data Protection Act 2018 all employees are responsible for records held, created or used as part of their work for calfordseaden, whether paper-based or electronic, which also includes emails. Records should be managed and stored appropriately and should in all cases comply with the requirements of the ACT.
The appointment is subject to proof of the attainment of any qualifications deemed essential to the post and used as a basis for shortlisting and selection. Failure to provide evidence of the required qualifications will result in the offer of employment being withdrawn.