We are currently looking for an Assistant Bid and Proposal Coordinator to join our busy Business Development team.
The is an apprenticeship opportunity to train as a Bid and Proposal Coordinator.
The Bid Team acts as a centralised function, serving all technical areas of the business to track, prepare and submit tenders on behalf of the company.
The Apprentice Bid and Proposal Coordinator will be trained to undertake the role of Bid Coordinator which involves the timely delivery of pre-qualification questionnaires and fee tenders for new projects.
You will be working towards a Level 3 as a Bid & Proposal Coordinator. Typically, this will take 18-24 months to complete. Alongside and once you have completed your apprenticeship, we believe you will have the confidence in leading and managing your own bids.
Apprentice Bid and Proposal Coordinator will be trained to:
- Project manage the timely delivery of copy and pricing from colleagues.
- The completion of Pre-Qualification Questionnaire (PQQ) /Selection Questionnaire (SQ) documents
- Draft answers to quality questions and edit technical teams’ ITT responses to produce clear and uniformed copy that is easy to read, technically accurate and comprehensively provides the correct/requested information in the correct form/structure for the intended audience
- Uploading completed tender documents to our document management system (Plexus)
- Use InDesign software to create professional quality documents
Other responsibilities will include:
- Monitoring bid emails and alerts
- Arranging and attending bid kick off meetings
- Providing support to the Bid Team as needed
- Creating and editing CVs and project case studies
- Maintaining a library of precedent text for tenders.
- Maintaining a database of project case studies
- Tracking new project/framework opportunities
Minimum Candidate Requirements:
The successful candidate will:
- Have an excellent command of the English language, both written and spoken, and strong IT skills.
- Be happy to work as part of a close knit team in a deadline driven environment.
- Have the skills needed to produce written answers for inclusion into bid submissions – utilising our technical library.
- Have a keen eye for detail and be able to proof read and edit copy.
- Be confident with ability to engage with colleagues at all levels to extract information concisely and to deadlines set.
- Have strong organisational skills and able to manage multiple tasks at any given time.
To be identified as a trusted client advisor; national in reach, local in service and selected for our quality and expertise in the built environment
- Professional Integrity
- Technical Expertise
- Solution Focused
- Reliable Personal Service
The level 3 - Bid and Proposal Co-ordinator Apprenticeship standards are set out in the vacancy attachments which you can find below.
Training and Development
The Practice is keen to assist individuals in developing work related professional interests. The Practice takes training seriously, providing practical and financial assistance to all personnel.
Calfordseaden is an Equal Opportunities Employer and is committed to and support the principles of equality of opportunity in employment, training and service delivery.
Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006: List of Documents
The Practice is required under this Act to ensure that all Employees have the right to work in the UK and the right to do the work offered.
At interview all potential Employees must provide one of the original documents set out in List A or two of the original documents in the combinations given in List B (Please see Supporting Document 1). It is not necessary to produce documents from both lists.
Photocopies of documents provided will be retained on the successful applicant's file.
This job description will be subject to review in the light of changing circumstances and may include other duties and responsibilities as may be determined. It is not intended to be rigid or inflexible but should be regarded as providing guidelines within which the individual works.
Under General Data Protection Act 2018 all employees are responsible for records held, created or used as part of their work for calfordseaden, whether paper-based or electronic, which also includes emails. Records should be managed and stored appropriately and should in all cases comply with the requirements of the ACT.
The appointment is subject to proof of the attainment of any qualifications deemed essential to the post and used as a basis for shortlisting and selection. Failure to provide evidence of the required qualifications will result in the offer of employment being withdrawn.