We are offering an exciting opportunity for an Associate to join our dynamic, multi-award winning architectural team. The position offers excellent career progression and development opportunities, benefiting from a wide range of exposure to a variety of project types, clients and build stages. You will be working in a highly coordinated multi-disciplinary environment on cutting–edge buildings, new and historic, with values ranging from £5m to £100m.
The Architecture Team operate across the calfordseaden offices with permanent bases in our Kent, London, Cambridge and Birmingham sites. Although on occasions individuals will be expected to work from any of our sites.
• to be an active part of the Group ‘Management Team’, taking on responsibility for a particular aspect of the continuous improvement ethos (design, production, compliance, specification etc.).
• to be a job runner & lead teams of people, ensuring successful delivery to client requirements, while financially managing projects and ensuring they are profitable.
• to mentor more junior members of staff.
• to support the Partners in developing the groups profile and secure new work.
Essential Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
• Qualified professional with 10 years post qualification experience.
• Good management abilities.
• Expertise in BIM, REVIT, NBS Create, InDesign & Photoshop.
Essential Personal Skills:
• Excellent interpersonal & management skills working within a multi-disciplinary office/company.
Desirable Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
• In addition to essential knowledge of the Residential sector, it is desirable to have knowledge is some of the other sectors the Architectural team work in which include Retail, Education, Healthcare, Commercial, Community, Senior Living and Mixed Use & Regeneration.
• Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photoshop & NBS Create are core programmes within the office & knowledge of these is desirable.
To be identified as a trusted client advisor; national in reach, local in service and selected for our quality and expertise in the build environment.
Our values, which are:
Collaboration – being one team and supporting each other to achieve the best results and maximise our potential
Being Yourself – being true to ourselves and other and celebrating differences
Social Value – recognizing and embracing the need for our work to have a positive social impact
Excellence – Striving to be up with the best and at the forefront of what we do
Support – providing investment, encouragement and support to bring out the best in our people
Integrity – being honest and doing the right thing
are integral to everything we do and are reflective of our interaction with each other, our clients, our wider stakeholders and how we approach our work and present ourselves.
Our brilliant team consists of individuals who are willing to go the extra mile to deliver the best results and are ultimately why our clients choose to work with us time and time again.
Wellbeing and Inclusion are at the forefront of our people strategy, and we are now happy to offer hybrid working on 95% of our roles and have recently committed to enhanced Family Leave schemes (after a qualifying period). We also invest heavily in Leadership and Management Development and Female Leadership Programmes. We are passionate about encouraging more diversity within the construction industry and are looking at apprenticeship and schools outreach programmes as part of our strategy.
If you are aligned to our values and are a talented and commercially minded Building Surveyor, please apply, or if this job isn’t quite right for you but you would like to start or progress a career within construction consultancy, please send us your CV for one of our future roles.
Training and Development
The Practice is keen to assist individuals in developing work related professional interests. The Practice takes training seriously, providing practical and financial assistance to all personnel.
Calfordseaden is an Equal Opportunities Employer and is committed to and support the principles of equality of opportunity in employment, training and service delivery.
Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006: List of Documents
The Practice is required under this Act to ensure that all Employees have the right to work in the UK and the right to do the work offered.
At interview all potential Employees must provide one of the original documents set out in List A or two of the original documents in the combinations given in List B (Please see Supporting Document 1). It is not necessary to produce documents from both lists.
Photocopies of documents provided will be retained on the successful applicant’s file.
This job description will be subject to review in the light of changing circumstances and may include other duties and responsibilities as may be determined. It is not intended to be rigid or inflexible but should be regarded as providing guidelines within which the individual works.
Under General Data Protection Act 2018 all employees are responsible for records held, created or used as part of their work for calfordseaden, whether paper-based or electronic, which also includes emails. Records should be managed and stored appropriately and should in all cases comply with the requirements of the ACT.
The appointment is subject to proof of the attainment of any qualifications deemed essential to the post and used as a basis for shortlisting and selection. Failure to provide evidence of the required qualifications will result in the offer of employment being withdrawn.