This is an exciting time to join our expanding Mechanical and Electrical Engineering Team where you will be responsible for managing projects and clients whilst influencing design and quality standards. We are a trusted adviser selected for our professional, quality service, enthusiasm and expertise in the built environment.
You will have the opportunity to become an integral part of our senior team where your contribution will be greatly valued.
You will be involved in a variety of roles, including design, advisory services, contract management and maintenance/asset management primarily of mechanical services in existing properties. The role will therefore include surveying of existing mechanical services in properties including commercial boilers, ventilation systems, water services (including booster pumps), renewable technologies etc. The majority of work is in the Housing Sector for Registered Providers and Local Authorities.
We offer continuous development through coaching and mentoring and in-house training to keep you up-dated on current case law and working practices on changes to legislation, all of which have contributed to our enviable record of success. As a team, we encourage collaboration with colleagues from our other disciplines throughout the practice, so you can be sure your skills and knowledge will be enhanced through this collaborative approach. Our multi-award winning business has retained its family culture and values where the health and wellbeing of our staff is taken seriously. We have a well-being initiative ‘Healthy Together’ and an active staff social club where you will get the opportunity to meet other colleagues for social and fun occasions and build friendships along the way.
A full UK driver's licence will be required
- Representing the Practice at meetings with Clients and Contractors.
- Take a leading role in the design and inspection team managing a wide range of residential boiler replacements, Term Maintenance Contracts and commercial fit out schemes.
- Develop and present project design proposals to a client following the external brief and internal discussions so that client requirements are met, acting as either lead internal consultant or as member of a team.
- Contract administration duties associated with maintenance contracts for water hygiene, Communal Boilers, Booster Pumps, Renewables.
- Carrying out quality audits and pre/post inspection services.
- Prepare, ready for tender, specifications, designs, drawings, equipment schedules and contract documentation.
- Issue in conjunction with the client, contract documentation to tender, adjudicate and recommend appropriate contractor to meet project requirements.
- Establish and agree clear responsibility as lead internal consultant for the project.
- When acting as lead Consultant undertake all aspects of project management as defined by the client in his letter of appointment.
- Standards of Practice, you are expected to maintain a high level of professional and engineering standards and observe the legal requirements and professional guidelines of the relative professional bodies.
- Minimum HNC in Building Services or Mechanical Engineering
- BEng/Bsc in Building Services or Mechanical Engineering
- Knowledge of AutoCAD/Revit
- Member of CIBSE
Standards Of Practice
- You are expected to maintain a high level of professional and engineering standards and observe the legal requirements and professional guidelines of the relative professional bodies.
- You are expected to be registered and maintain registration with the Engineering Council which will be reimbursed by calfordseaden.
- You will be required to keep up-to-date with developments in Engineering through undertaking continuing professional development on a regular basis.
- Good understanding of Mechanical Theory and system
- Proven experience in a similar consultancy role
- Good understanding of British Standards and relevant regulations
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to work well in a team
- Prioritise and manage own workload
- Good attention to detail both technical design as well as survey experience
- Report writing skills
Training and Development
The Practice is keen to assist individuals in developing work related professional interests. The Practice takes training seriously, providing practical and financial assistance to all personnel.
Calfordseaden is an Equal Opportunities Employer and is committed to and support the principles of equality of opportunity in employment, training and service delivery.
Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006: List of Documents
The Practice is required under this Act to ensure that all Employees have the right to work in the UK and the right to do the work offered.
At interview all potential Employees must provide one of the original documents set out in List A or two of the original documents in the combinations given in List B (Please see Supporting Document 1). It is not necessary to produce documents from both lists.
Photocopies of documents provided will be retained on the successful applicant's file.
This job description will be subject to review in the light of changing circumstances and may include other duties and responsibilities as may be determined. It is not intended to be rigid or inflexible but should be regarded as providing guidelines within which the individual works.
Under General Data Protection Act 2018 all employees are responsible for records held, created or used as part of their work for calfordseaden, whether paper-based or electronic, which also includes emails. Records should be managed and stored appropriately and should in all cases comply with the requirements of the ACT.
The appointment is subject to proof of the attainment of any qualifications deemed essential to the post and used as a basis for shortlisting and selection. Failure to provide evidence of the required qualifications will result in the offer of employment being withdrawn.