You will be joining a multi-award winning, forward thinking multi-disciplinary construction consultancy. Our staff play an integral role in the successful delivery of our consistently high-quality service. We believe it is our people that make the difference, and this is why our clients choose to work with us. Our finance department require someone covering Billing Assistant role for a fixed term period of time. You will be working with the team to provide a high quality and responsive service to the company.
On a daily/Weekly Basis:
- You will be providing invoicing for groups (to be decided) and circulating to appropriate person and approving them for issue.
- Regularly updating our document management system with accounting information and future fees.
- Filing fee proposals and updating fee plans where necessary.
- Drafting and issuing credit notes.
- Accurate data entry.
- Emailing invoices and appropriate information to group leaders.
- Managing emailing and telephone enquiries in a timely way.
- Assisting with the entry of expenses (including those that are billed to clients) onto the Sage accounting system.
- Attending group meetings when required as directed by the manager.
- Maintaining regular contact with all internal clients at the appropriate level.
- Undertaking work in a diligent manner.
- Reporting progress to the manager keeping them appraised of important issues.
- Ensuring that training needs are identified and addressed.
- Attending regular performance reviews.
On a Monthly Basis:
- You will be moving jobs on fee plans and general updating of information on the fee plan system.
- Changing invoicing details and filing letters from clients.
- Checking the summary corresponds with invoices raised for each group.
- Generating Credit Note Report.
- Checking all rechargeable invoices have been dealt with.
- Accurately entering expenses/mileage onto the database.
- Closing jobs and saving forms to projects.
- Entering Workroom Job Sheets onto the system.
- Attending monthly team meetings when required.
- You will be professionally dedicated, innovative and enthusiastic with a flexible approach to work.
- Good attention to detail is required.
- You need to be well organised to prioritise your work to meet deadlines.
- You will have previous experience in a professional services environment (desirable).
- You will need to be resilient as the job is pressured at times to meet the needs of the business.
- A good communicator in written and spoken English as you will be dealing with senior stakeholders and clients within the business.
To be identified as a trusted client advisor; national in reach, local in service and selected for our quality and expertise in the built environment.
- Professional Integrity
- Technical Expertise
- Solution Focused
- Reliable Personal Service
Training and Development
The Practice is keen to assist individuals in developing work related professional interests. The Practice takes training seriously, providing practical and financial assistance to all personnel.
Calfordseaden is an Equal Opportunities Employer and is committed to and support the principles of equality of opportunity in employment, training and service delivery.
Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006: List of Documents
The Practice is required under this Act to ensure that all Employees have the right to work in the UK and the right to do the work offered.
At interview all potential Employees must provide one of the original documents set out in List A or two of the original documents in the combinations given in List B (Please see Supporting Document 1). It is not necessary to produce documents from both lists.
Photocopies of documents provided will be retained on the successful applicant's file.
This job description will be subject to review in the light of changing circumstances and may include other duties and responsibilities as may be determined. It is not intended to be rigid or inflexible but should be regarded as providing guidelines within which the individual works.
Under General Data Protection Act 2018 all employees are responsible for records held, created or used as part of their work for calfordseaden, whether paper-based or electronic, which also includes emails. Records should be managed and stored appropriately and should in all cases comply with the requirements of the ACT.
The appointment is subject to proof of the attainment of any qualifications deemed essential to the post and used as a basis for shortlisting and selection. Failure to provide evidence of the required qualifications will result in the offer of employment being withdrawn.