The role will provide you with an opportunity to become an integral part of our successful MEP and Sustainability Team. The culture in our team is to be a trusted client advisor, selected for our professional quality service, enthusiasm and expertise in the built environment.
The successful candidate will assist Group Leader at an appropriate level to their qualifications and experience and assist CAD Team in general associated administration.
It is anticipated that this role will be for an Apprentice.
A Revit & CAD Team Document Controller should be dedicated and enthusiastic. You should pay attention to detail and be adaptable with a keen eye for detail.
- Maintain regular contact and report progress to the CAD Manager
- Undertake duties in a professional manner
- Keep the CAD Manager appraised of important issues
- Ensure that training needs are identified and addressed
You will be require to demonstrate a good level of qualifications, a sound knowledge of Word, Excel etc and you will be expected to develop your competency through experience and continued learning.
The Document Controller will be expected to maintain all existing qualifications and to extend these as appropriate to their role. Levels of education, experience and skills will determine the opportunities available in the future.
- On a daily basis assist the CAD team with administration duties
- Setting up of drawing registers and issue sheets
- Attend one to one reviews at half yearly intervals
- Upload / issue CAD and Revit files to various portals
- Administrate and correct any issues with uploads etc
- Become familiar with Document control FTP web sites
- Communicate with Engineers & other members of the CAD team
- A good level of general education including Word and Excel
- A genuine interest in M&E draughting
- Experience of working with Revit & AutoCAD would be beneficial but not essential
- Ability to work within a team
- Good communicate skills
To be identified as a trusted client advisor; national in reach, local in service and selected for our quality and expertise in the build environment
- Professional Integrity
- Technical Expertise
- Solution Focused
- Reliable Personal Service
Training and Development
The Practice is keen to assist individuals in developing work related professional interests. The Practice takes training seriously, providing practical and financial assistance to all personnel.
Calfordseaden is an Equal Opportunities Employer and is committed to and support the principles of equality of opportunity in employment, training and service delivery.
Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006: List of Documents
The Practice is required under this Act to ensure that all Employees have the right to work in the UK and the right to do the work offered.
At interview all potential Employees must provide one of the original documents set out in List A or two of the original documents in the combinations given in List B (Please see Supporting Document 1). It is not necessary to produce documents from both lists.
Photocopies of documents provided will be retained on the successful applicant's file.
This job description will be subject to review in the light of changing circumstances and may include other duties and responsibilities as may be determined. It is not intended to be rigid or inflexible but should be regarded as providing guidelines within which the individual works.
Under General Data Protection Act 2018 all employees are responsible for records held, created or used as part of their work for calfordseaden, whether paper-based or electronic, which also includes emails. Records should be managed and stored appropriately and should in all cases comply with the requirements of the ACT.
The appointment is subject to proof of the attainment of any qualifications deemed essential to the post and used as a basis for shortlisting and selection. Failure to provide evidence of the required qualifications will result in the offer of employment being withdrawn.