This is an exciting opportunity for a Surveyor to diversify their skills in a sector that is becoming increasingly in demand.
We are currently looking for a full time Surveyor to join our small Fire Support Team in the fast-growing Fire Safety sector. You will have a desire to specialise in Fire Protection and will be willing to undertake further training in this area in order to progress your career. qualified to undertake PAS 9980 External Wall Fire Risk Assessments
Responsibilities and Duties
- Site Inspections
- Information Gathering and Product Research
- Reporting to Partners
Minimum Candidate Requirements:
The successful candidate will:
- Have a background in construction or Building Control/NHBC or will be qualified in Building Surveying/Fire Engineering or another relevant construction related discipline to at least HNC level.
- Be willing to undertake further training and sit exams (fully funded).
- Demonstrate the ability to research issues and obtain information from Manufacturers/suppliers/British Standards etc.
- Hold a CSCS card or obtain one during the first 6 months of employment.
- Have a basic understanding of Building Regulations and Industry Standards.
- Have an interest in technical detail.
- An understanding of contract administration and experience of document management systems would also be advantageous.
- You will be required to drive between sites so need to have access to own vehicle and a clean driving licence.
To be identified as a trusted client advisor; national in reach, local in service and selected for our quality and expertise in the build environment.
- Professional Integrity
- Technical Expertise
- Solution Focused
- Reliable Personal Service
Training and Development
The Practice is keen to assist individuals in developing work related professional interests. The Practice takes training seriously, providing practical and financial assistance to all personnel.
Calfordseaden is an Equal Opportunities Employer and is committed to and support the principles of equality of opportunity in employment, training and service delivery.
Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006: List of Documents
The Practice is required under this Act to ensure that all Employees have the right to work in the UK and the right to do the work offered.
At interview all potential Employees must provide one of the original documents set out in List A or two of the original documents in the combinations given in List B (Please see Supporting Document 1). It is not necessary to produce documents from both lists.
Photocopies of documents provided will be retained on the successful applicant’s file.
This job description will be subject to review in the light of changing circumstances and may include other duties and responsibilities as may be determined. It is not intended to be rigid or inflexible but should be regarded as providing guidelines within which the individual works.
Under General Data Protection Act 2018 all employees are responsible for records held, created or used as part of their work for calfordseaden, whether paper-based or electronic, which also includes emails. Records should be managed and stored appropriately and should in all cases comply with the requirements of the ACT.
The appointment is subject to proof of the attainment of any qualifications deemed essential to the post and used as a basis for shortlisting and selection. Failure to provide evidence of the required qualifications will result in the offer of employment being withdrawn.