This role is suitable for a candidate with extensive experience in electrical engineering and contract management. The role will suit an experienced Electrical Contracts Manager who is technically sound with good Client facing skills.
The role will provide you with an opportunity to become an integral part of our successful MEP and Sustainability Team. You will be responsible for the day-to-day management of projects including client management, deliverables and business development.
The candidate is expected to be conscientious, enthusiastic, well organised and professional. They must provide a constant positive influence on the team, encourage others and lead by example.
The candidate is expected to be proactive with developing their own and others knowledge, while driving standards and quality throughout the team.
- Manage and deliver a wide range of projects including term maintenance contracts and planned electrical and fire alarm replacement works.
- Attend and chair meetings with clients and contractors as the MEP project lead.
- Carry out contract supervision including issuing purchase orders, verifying variation requests and processing payments (invoices) in accordance with financial regulations and standing orders.
- Undertake project surveys including site inspections, stock condition, refurbishment, and post-occupancy performance evaluations.
- Prepare high quality information including survey reports, and contract documentation.
- As required prepare tender analysis and recommending of appropriate contractor to meet project requirements when acting as Lead Consultant.
- When acting as Lead Consultant undertake all aspects of project management and Contract Administration as defined by the client in his letter of appointment
- Site inspections to ensure that works are completed in accordance with the design and specification requirements/workmanship standards required. Overseeing of testing and commissioning and checking of record drawings/operating and maintenance manuals.
- Providing technical and commercial advice to Client’s on electrical matters.
- Maintain regular contact with all clients.
- Develop new and repeat business.
- Hold a HNC or HND in engineering or building services engineering.
- Proven experience in a similar consultancy role.
- Hold/working towards membership with relevant industry body (CIBSE, IET).
- On a daily basis, provide support and advice to staff, deal with client related issues and provide professional services as required.
- Maintain high standards of professionalism at all times.
- Mange projects effectively and to the satisfaction of the client and M&E Partners.
- Maintain high quality project records and information.
- Attend group meetings.
- Assist in the performance and development of junior staff, where applicable.
To be identified as a trusted client advisor; national in reach, local in service and selected for our quality and expertise in the build environment.
- Professional Integrity
- Technical Expertise
- Solution Focused
- Reliable Personal Service
Training and Development
The Practice is keen to assist individuals in developing work related professional interests. The Practice takes training seriously, providing practical and financial assistance to all personnel.
Calfordseaden is an Equal Opportunities Employer and is committed to and support the principles of equality of opportunity in employment, training and service delivery.
Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006: List of Documents
The Practice is required under this Act to ensure that all Employees have the right to work in the UK and the right to do the work offered.
At interview all potential Employees must provide one of the original documents set out in List A or two of the original documents in the combinations given in List B (Please see Supporting Document 1). It is not necessary to produce documents from both lists.
Photocopies of documents provided will be retained on the successful applicant's file.
This job description will be subject to review in the light of changing circumstances and may include other duties and responsibilities as may be determined. It is not intended to be rigid or inflexible but should be regarded as providing guidelines within which the individual works.
Under General Data Protection Act 2018 all employees are responsible for records held, created or used as part of their work for calfordseaden, whether paper-based or electronic, which also includes emails. Records should be managed and stored appropriately and should in all cases comply with the requirements of the ACT.
The appointment is subject to proof of the attainment of any qualifications deemed essential to the post and used as a basis for shortlisting and selection. Failure to provide evidence of the required qualifications will result in the offer of employment being withdrawn.