This role is suitable for a candidate with proven experience of delivering residential/mixed-use projects with detailed knowledge of low carbon technologies and sustainable design.
The role will provide you with an opportunity to become an integral part of our successful MEP and Sustainability Team. You will be responsible for managing projects, quality standards and mentoring and managing junior members of the team. You will be responsible for the day-to-day management of projects including client management, team resources, design deliverables and business development.
The culture in our team is to be a trusted client advisor, selected for our professional quality service, enthusiasm and expertise in the built environment.
The candidate is expected to be conscientious, enthusiastic, well organised and professional. They must provide a constant positive influence on the team, encourage others and lead by example.
The candidate is expected to be proactive with developing their own and others knowledge, while driving standards and quality throughout the team.
- Manage and deliver a wide range of projects including; residential, mixed-use, commercial, industrial and educational.
- Attend meetings with clients and multidisciplinary design teams as the MEP project lead.
- Develop and present project design proposals to the project team and client.
- Undertake project surveys including; site inspections, stock condition, refurbishment and post-occupancy performance evaluations.
- Prepare high quality information including; technical specifications, designs, drawings, equipment schedules, survey reports, and contract documentation.
- Develop new and repeat business.
- Maintain regular contact with all clients.
- Monitor and review junior staff performance.
- Continue to improve your own and the team’s technical knowledge.
- Report resource information to senior group managers.
- Hold a bachelor’s degree or higher in engineering or building services engineering.
- Proven experience (minimum 4 years) in a similar consultancy role.
- Extensive experience of delivering residential and mixed-use projects with low carbon technologies.
- Detailed knowledge of low carbon and sustainable design and Local/London Plan Energy Policy.
- Hold/working towards membership with relevant industry body (CIBSE, IMechE, IET).
- On a daily basis, provide support and advice to staff, deal with client related issues and provide professional services as required.
- Each month ensure that project and team progress reports are completed and report to the group Partners.
- Maintain high standards of professionalism at all times.
- Mange projects effectively and to the satisfaction of the client and M&E Partners.
- Maintain high quality project records and information.
- Attend group meetings.
- Assist in the performance and development reviews of junior staff.
Our multi-award winning business has retained its family culture and values where the health and wellbeing of our staff is taken seriously. We have a well-being initiative ‘Healthy Together’ and an active staff social club where you will get the opportunity to meet other colleagues for social and fun occasions and build friendships along the way.
To be identified as a trusted client advisor; national in reach, local in service and selected for our quality and expertise in the build environment.
- Professional Integrity
- Technical Expertise
- Solution Focused
- Reliable Personal Service
Training and Development
The Practice is keen to assist individuals in developing work related professional interests. The Practice takes training seriously, providing practical and financial assistance to all personnel.
Calfordseaden is an Equal Opportunities Employer and is committed to and support the principles of equality of opportunity in employment, training and service delivery.
Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006: List of Documents
The Practice is required under this Act to ensure that all Employees have the right to work in the UK and the right to do the work offered.
At interview all potential Employees must provide one of the original documents set out in List A or two of the original documents in the combinations given in List B (Please see Supporting Document 1). It is not necessary to produce documents from both lists.
Photocopies of documents provided will be retained on the successful applicant's file.
This job description will be subject to review in the light of changing circumstances and may include other duties and responsibilities as may be determined. It is not intended to be rigid or inflexible but should be regarded as providing guidelines within which the individual works.
Under General Data Protection Act 2018 all employees are responsible for records held, created or used as part of their work for calfordseaden, whether paper-based or electronic, which also includes emails. Records should be managed and stored appropriately and should in all cases comply with the requirements of the ACT.
The appointment is subject to proof of the attainment of any qualifications deemed essential to the post and used as a basis for shortlisting and selection. Failure to provide evidence of the required qualifications will result in the offer of employment being withdrawn.