Due to increasing work we have an opportunity for an Electrical Inspection Engineer to join our multi-disciplinary practice in London.
This role is suitable for a candidate with extensive experience in electrical engineering and the IET Wiring Regulations BS 7671. The role will suit an experienced Electrical Inspection Engineer who is technically sound with good communication skills.
The role will provide you with an opportunity to become an integral part of our successful MEP and Sustainability Team. You will be responsible for carrying QC audits of electrical contractors work on site and desktop reviews of EICRs.
The candidate is expected to be conscientious, enthusiastic, well organised and professional. The candidate is expected to be proactive carrying out their duties, ensuring standards and quality are met.
- Carrying out site based auditing of Contractors completed EICR testing and repair works.
- Completion of Desk top checking of Contractor’s EICR’s.
- Undertake project surveys including site inspections, stock condition, and refurbishment where required.
- Prepare high quality information including survey reports.
- Providing technical advice to Client’s on electrical matters and queries.
- Any other reasonable duties that may be relevant to this post.
- Hold a City & Guilds NVQ Level 3 in Electrical installation.
- Hold a City & Guilds 2391 – Inspection and Testing.
- UK Driving Licence.
- Proven experience in a similar consultancy role.
- Suitable IT skills for completion of audit reports.
- Good Customer service skills.
- Hold/working towards membership with relevant industry body (CIBSE, IET).
- Based on programmed/appointed visits, completion of satisfactory numbers of audits to meet with Client requirements.
- Based on agreed criteria, completion of satisfactory volumes of EICR desk top checking and reports.
- On a daily basis, provide support and advice to staff, deal with client related issues and provide professional services as required.
- Maintain high standards of professionalism at all times.
- Perform duties effectively and to the satisfaction of the client and M&E Partners.
- Maintain high quality project records and information.
- Attend group meetings.
To be identified as a trusted client advisor; national in reach, local in service and selected for our quality and expertise in the build environment.
- Professional Integrity
- Technical Expertise
- Solution Focused
- Reliable Personal Service
Training and Development
The Practice is keen to assist individuals in developing work related professional interests. The Practice takes training seriously, providing practical and financial assistance to all personnel.
Calfordseaden is an Equal Opportunities Employer and is committed to and support the principles of equality of opportunity in employment, training and service delivery.
Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006: List of Documents
The Practice is required under this Act to ensure that all Employees have the right to work in the UK and the right to do the work offered.
At interview all potential Employees must provide one of the original documents set out in List A or two of the original documents in the combinations given in List B (Please see Supporting Document 1). It is not necessary to produce documents from both lists.
Photocopies of documents provided will be retained on the successful applicant's file.
This job description will be subject to review in the light of changing circumstances and may include other duties and responsibilities as may be determined. It is not intended to be rigid or inflexible but should be regarded as providing guidelines within which the individual works.
Under General Data Protection Act 2018 all employees are responsible for records held, created or used as part of their work for calfordseaden, whether paper-based or electronic, which also includes emails. Records should be managed and stored appropriately and should in all cases comply with the requirements of the ACT.
The appointment is subject to proof of the attainment of any qualifications deemed essential to the post and used as a basis for shortlisting and selection. Failure to provide evidence of the required qualifications will result in the offer of employment being withdrawn.