Due to increasing work we have an opportunity for a Graduate or Assistant Building Surveyor with relevant degree to join our multi-disciplinary practice in Orpington. You will lead on Project coordination, contract administration, defect analysis and perform general surveying duties across a range of projects and clients. Support with RICS APC process is available.
- Receiving Client instructions
- Surveying and reporting on residential, commercial and education properties.
- Supporting the Lead Consultant role on refurbishment and new build projects for public and private clients in different sectors including residential, commercial and education. Duties will include exposure to clients, design, co-ordinating consultants, specifying, cost advice, tendering, drafting contractual documents, contract administration and analysing construction defects.
- There may a requirement to attend out of hours meetings from time to time e.g. resident and leaseholder stakeholder meetings.
- An appreciation of JCT contracts (both Contract Administration and Employer’s Agent roles) and building pathology / defects diagnosis is essential.
- Party Wall Surveying experience and ability to use AutoCAD is desirable.
- Demonstrate good oral, written communication and personal presentation as the role is client facing
- You will be required to support the preparation of professionally written reports to a high standard.
- You will need to demonstrate your resilience as this position attracts a high volume of work and at times, can be a pressured environment.
- Be organised and prioritise own workload to meet tight deadlines.
- Be able to work under own initiative and also as part of a team.
- You will be required to drive between sites so need to have access to own vehicle and a clean driving licence.
To be identified as a trusted client advisor; national in reach, local in service and selected for our quality and expertise in the build environment.
- Professional Integrity
- Technical Expertise
- Solution Focused
- Reliable Personal Service
Training and Development
The Practice is keen to assist individuals in developing work related professional interests. The Practice takes training seriously, providing practical and financial assistance to all personnel.
Calfordseaden is an Equal Opportunities Employer and is committed to and support the principles of equality of opportunity in employment, training and service delivery.
Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006: List of Documents
The Practice is required under this Act to ensure that all Employees have the right to work in the UK and the right to do the work offered.
At interview all potential Employees must provide one of the original documents set out in List A or two of the original documents in the combinations given in List B (Please see Supporting Document 1). It is not necessary to produce documents from both lists.
Photocopies of documents provided will be retained on the successful applicant's file.
This job description will be subject to review in the light of changing circumstances and may include other duties and responsibilities as may be determined. It is not intended to be rigid or inflexible but should be regarded as providing guidelines within which the individual works.
Under General Data Protection Act 2018 all employees are responsible for records held, created or used as part of their work for calfordseaden, whether paper-based or electronic, which also includes emails. Records should be managed and stored appropriately and should in all cases comply with the requirements of the ACT.
The appointment is subject to proof of the attainment of any qualifications deemed essential to the post and used as a basis for shortlisting and selection. Failure to provide evidence of the required qualifications will result in the offer of employment being withdrawn.