Due to expansion we are looking for an experienced Building Services Inspector, with a strong focus on mechanical systems, heating systems, ventilation, and associated plant. Electrical knowledge beneficial to the role.
The role will provide you with an opportunity to become an integral part of our successful Building Services and Sustainability Team. You will be responsible for managing site inspections and surveys, production of quality output reports and documents. You will be responsible for the day-to-day management of inspections including client/site liaison, output documents/deliverables and feedback to internal design team.
The culture in our team is to be a trusted client advisor, selected for our professional quality service, enthusiasm and expertise in the built environment.
- You are expected to be conscientious, enthusiastic, organised and professional.
- You must provide a constant positive influence on the team, encourage others and lead by example.
- You are expected to be proactive with developing your own and others knowledge, while driving standards and quality throughout the team.
- Manage and undertake project surveys including; site inspections, stock condition, refurbishment.
- Attend a wide range of projects including residential, mixed-use, commercial, industrial and educational.
- Attend meetings with, internal groups, clients and contractors.
- Prepare high quality information including technical reports, schedules, survey reports, and contract documentation
- Review and commend on building services design drawings and specifications.
- Maintain regular contact with all clients and internal project team.
- Report resource and project financial information to group partners.
- On a daily basis provide support to the team and deal with client related issues and provide professional services as required.
- Assist in the performance and development reviews of junior colleagues.
- Proven experience in a similar inspection or design role.
- Detailed knowledge of building services systems.
- Detailed knowledge of Key Building Regulations and CIBSE Guides.
- Maintain high quality project records and information and high standards of professionalism at all times.
- Manage projects effectively and to the satisfaction of the client and group Partners.
- Ensure that the group partners are aware of project progress in relation to project finance.
- On a monthly basis, ensure that project progress reports are completed.
Training and Development
The Practice is keen to assist individuals in developing work related professional interests. The Practice takes training seriously, providing practical and financial assistance to all personnel.
Calfordseaden is an Equal Opportunities Employer and is committed to and support the principles of equality of opportunity in employment, training and service delivery.
Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006: List of Documents
The Practice is required under this Act to ensure that all Employees have the right to work in the UK and the right to do the work offered.
At interview all potential Employees must provide one of the original documents set out in List A or two of the original documents in the combinations given in List B (Please see Supporting Document 1). It is not necessary to produce documents from both lists.
Photocopies of documents provided will be retained on the successful applicant's file.
This job description will be subject to review in the light of changing circumstances and may include other duties and responsibilities as may be determined. It is not intended to be rigid or inflexible but should be regarded as providing guidelines within which the individual works.
Under General Data Protection Act 2018 all employees are responsible for records held, created or used as part of their work for calfordseaden, whether paper-based or electronic, which also includes emails. Records should be managed and stored appropriately and should in all cases comply with the requirements of the ACT.
The appointment is subject to proof of the attainment of any qualifications deemed essential to the post and used as a basis for shortlisting and selection. Failure to provide evidence of the required qualifications will result in the offer of employment being withdrawn.