This role is suitable for a candidate with experience within a design consultancy and working on residential/mixed-use projects with an interest in low carbon technologies and sustainable design.
The role will provide you with an opportunity to become an integral part of our successful MEP and Sustainability Team. You will be responsible for managing specific elements of projects including design calculations, drawings, modelling and surveys. You will be responsible for the day-to-day management of your tasks, maintaining a high standard of professionalism and quality. You will have the opportunity to work as a multi-disciplinary team and attend client meetings, design workshops and site visits.
The culture in our team is to be a trusted client advisor, selected for our professional quality service, enthusiasm and expertise in the built environment.
The candidate is expected to be conscientious, enthusiastic, well organised, positive and professional. The candidate is expected to be proactive with developing their own knowledge and training, while seeking to achieve the highest standards of quality in their work.
- Work independently on tasks and as part of a multi-disciplinary team on projects, including; residential, mixed-use, commercial, industrial and educational.
- Maintain accurate records in project files including: design calculations and modelling results.
- Attend meetings with internal multidisciplinary design teams and external project team meetings.
- Attend project surveys including; site inspections, stock condition, refurbishment and post-occupancy performance evaluations.
- Prepare high quality information as requested, including; technical specifications, designs, drawings, equipment schedules, survey reports.
- Maintain an accurate and organised schedule of personal tasks and available resource.
- Attend/organise external CPDs
- Attend/participate in internal CPDs
- Develop technical understanding of Low Carbon Technologies, Building Regulations and Local Sustainable Planning Policy.
- Undertake additional and independent learning on technical subjects and software training.
- Be active in industry organised events such as CIBSE ‘Young Engineers Network’ and IET programmes.
- Be active on calfordseaden online media, including working with the marketing team to develop project related content.
- Hold a bachelor’s degree or higher in engineering or building services engineering.
- Experience in a similar consultancy role.
- Experience with design software tools (e.g. IES, Hevacomp, CAD).
- Experience of residential and mixed-use projects with low carbon technologies.
- Working towards membership with relevant industry body (CIBSE, IMechE, IET).
- On a daily basis, provide support to colleagues, respond to client related issues and provide professional services as required.
- Each week maintain an accurate and organised schedule of workload and available resource information.
- Maintain high quality project records and information.
- Attend group meetings.
To be identified as a trusted client advisor; national in reach, local in service and selected for our quality and expertise in the build environment.
- Professional Integrity
- Technical Expertise
- Solution Focused
- Reliable Personal Service
Training and Development
The Practice is keen to assist individuals in developing work related professional interests. The Practice takes training seriously, providing practical and financial assistance to all personnel.
Calfordseaden is an Equal Opportunities Employer and is committed to and support the principles of equality of opportunity in employment, training and service delivery.
Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006: List of Documents
The Practice is required under this Act to ensure that all Employees have the right to work in the UK and the right to do the work offered.
At interview all potential Employees must provide one of the original documents set out in List A or two of the original documents in the combinations given in List B (Please see Supporting Document 1). It is not necessary to produce documents from both lists.
Photocopies of documents provided will be retained on the successful applicant's file.
This job description will be subject to review in the light of changing circumstances and may include other duties and responsibilities as may be determined. It is not intended to be rigid or inflexible but should be regarded as providing guidelines within which the individual works.
Under General Data Protection Act 2018 all employees are responsible for records held, created or used as part of their work for calfordseaden, whether paper-based or electronic, which also includes emails. Records should be managed and stored appropriately and should in all cases comply with the requirements of the ACT.
The appointment is subject to proof of the attainment of any qualifications deemed essential to the post and used as a basis for shortlisting and selection. Failure to provide evidence of the required qualifications will result in the offer of employment being withdrawn.