We have an opportunity for a Partner - Civil/Structural Engineer with relevant degree to join our leading multi-disciplined construction and property consultancy. The successful candidate will be working within a busy group of Civil and Structural Engineers. The Partner should be professionally dedicated, innovative and enthusiastic with a flexible approach to work.
You will be reporting to the Partner in charge of the department (Group Leader) and will be involved in the group management, business development, mentoring of staff and be responsible for the timely and cost-effective delivery and management of projects. Interaction with Clients and other members of the Design Team will be a key undertaking of the position. The role will also include design of civil or structural elements where required. You should pay attention to detail and be adaptable, demonstrate good oral and written communication skills and have an organised, mature and professional attitude.
• Report to, and take direction from, the Group Leader in the Civil and Structural Engineering team.
• Business Development and winning work.
• Team Development and Client management.
• Prepare design programmes for production deliverables.
• Prepare formal technical proposals and fee bids.
• Supervise and mentor Engineers and Technicians within the team.
• Financial and resource management of projects.
• Manage projects from inception to completion to ensure that deliverables are issued to programme, to the required quality standard and within the budget set by the Group Leader.
• Assist in pursuing late payments by Clients.
• Undertake survey inspections and produce written reports to a high standard.
• Prepare reports, general correspondence, etc. as required in connection with the running of projects.
• Undertake scheme and detailed design as appropriate on individual projects, including preparation of detailed design calculations, checking drawings and other deliverables where required.
• When required by the Group Leader, assist other members of the Team to complete tasks, particularly in relation to meeting project deadlines.
• Liaise with other members of the design and construction team, representing the Civil and Structural Engineering Group.
• A Degree specifically in Civil or Structural Engineering.
• Chartered Member or Fellow of Institution of Civil Engineers or Institution of Structural Engineers.
• Experience of leading a Civil & Structural Engineering design team on projects with construction values in excess of £40M.
• Proven leadership skills, including business development, client relationship management, technical leadership, team building and motivation.
• Excellent communication skills including the ability to write compelling proposals and deliver engaging presentations to existing and prospective clients.
• Competent and reliable designer in structural steelwork, reinforced concrete, masonry and timber.
• Excellent knowledge of standard engineering practices, techniques and procedures.
• A high level of understanding of project management principles and practices.
• Sound knowledge of construction contracts and professional agreements and experience in negotiating fee agreements.
• Familiar and empathetic with all forms of building construction.
• Good attention to detail.
• Able to produce written reports to a high standard.
• Good oral and written communication skills.
• Self-starter, motivated, personable and confident.
• Team worker with good communication and people management skills through a mature and professional attitude.
• Proactive individual with the ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
• Hold current UK driving license.
• Proficient in the use of analysis and design software (TEDDS, TSD, etc).
• Experienced in refurbishment and change of use designs as well as new build work.
• Experience in selling multi-disciplinary consultancy services
• Experience in leading and managing multi-disciplinary project teams comprising internal teams and sub-consultants.
To be identified as a trusted client advisor; national in reach, local in service and selected for our quality and expertise in the build environment.
- Professional Integrity
- Technical Expertise
- Solution Focused
- Reliable Personal Service
Training and Development
The Practice is keen to assist individuals in developing work related professional interests. The Practice takes training seriously, providing practical and financial assistance to all personnel.
Calfordseaden is an Equal Opportunities Employer and is committed to and support the principles of equality of opportunity in employment, training and service delivery.
Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006: List of Documents
The Practice is required under this Act to ensure that all Employees have the right to work in the UK and the right to do the work offered.
At interview all potential Employees must provide one of the original documents set out in List A or two of the original documents in the combinations given in List B (Please see Supporting Document 1). It is not necessary to produce documents from both lists.
Photocopies of documents provided will be retained on the successful applicant's file.
This job description will be subject to review in the light of changing circumstances and may include other duties and responsibilities as may be determined. It is not intended to be rigid or inflexible but should be regarded as providing guidelines within which the individual works.
Under General Data Protection Act 2018 all employees are responsible for records held, created or used as part of their work for calfordseaden, whether paper-based or electronic, which also includes emails. Records should be managed and stored appropriately and should in all cases comply with the requirements of the ACT.
The appointment is subject to proof of the attainment of any qualifications deemed essential to the post and used as a basis for shortlisting and selection. Failure to provide evidence of the required qualifications will result in the offer of employment being withdrawn.