We are offering an exciting opportunity for a Partner to join our dynamic, multi-award winning architectural team.
The Architecture Team operate across the calfordseaden offices with permanent bases in our Kent, London, Birmingham and Cambridge sites. On occasions individuals may be expected to work from any of our sites. A single Architectural Partner will lead in each office where members of the Architectural Team are permanently based.
- To run the Architectural team within the individual relevant office, coordinating with the Head of Architecture and other Architectural Partners.
- To undertake regional marketing, secure work & develop market presence.
- To take responsibility for all projects within the office and deliver to quality, time and budget parameters.
- To report to the Head of Architecture.
- Deliver a continuous improvement ethos & work within a larger Architectural team from other offices.
- Maintain regular & successful contact with Clients.
- Obtain and allocate work.
- Monitor and review staff performance.
- Develop strategies for continuous staff improvement, including training as appropriate.
- Keep staff informed of progress against group objectives.
- Review Client generated appointments, contract & collateral warranties.
- Maintain excellent relationships with other groups.
- Motivate and mentor team members.
Essential Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- Qualified Architect with a minimum of 15 years post qualification experience.
- A knowledge of the residential sector.
- Good design abilities.
- All work is completed in BIM on a REVIT platform & working knowledge of BIM is required.
- A working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- The ability to create and develop the teams market presence, complete bids and secure work.
Essential Personal Skills:
Excellent interpersonal & management skills working within a multi-disciplinary office/company.
Desirable Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
It is desirable to have knowledge of other sectors the Architectural team work within which include Retail, Education, Healthcare, Commercial, Community, Senior Living and Mixed Use & Regeneration. Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photoshop & NBS Create are core programmes within the office & knowledge of these is desirable.
To be identified as a trusted client advisor; national in reach, local in service and selected for our quality and expertise in the build environment.
- Professional Integrity
- Technical Expertise
- Solution Focused
- Reliable Personal Service
Training and Development
The Practice is keen to assist individuals in developing work related professional interests. The Practice takes training seriously, providing practical and financial assistance to all personnel.
Calfordseaden is an Equal Opportunities Employer and is committed to and support the principles of equality of opportunity in employment, training and service delivery.
Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006: List of Documents
The Practice is required under this Act to ensure that all Employees have the right to work in the UK and the right to do the work offered.
At interview all potential Employees must provide one of the original documents set out in List A or two of the original documents in the combinations given in List B (Please see Supporting Document 1). It is not necessary to produce documents from both lists.
Photocopies of documents provided will be retained on the successful applicant's file.
This job description will be subject to review in the light of changing circumstances and may include other duties and responsibilities as may be determined. It is not intended to be rigid or inflexible but should be regarded as providing guidelines within which the individual works.
Under General Data Protection Act 2018 all employees are responsible for records held, created or used as part of their work for calfordseaden, whether paper-based or electronic, which also includes emails. Records should be managed and stored appropriately and should in all cases comply with the requirements of the ACT.
The appointment is subject to proof of the attainment of any qualifications deemed essential to the post and used as a basis for shortlisting and selection. Failure to provide evidence of the required qualifications will result in the offer of employment being withdrawn.