We have an opportunity for a self-motivated and creative Partner (Group Leader) – M&E Engineer and Facilities Management with relevant degree and extensive experience to join our leading multi-disciplined construction and property consultancy. The successful candidate will be working within a busy group of Mechanical, Electrical and Sustainability Engineers. The Partner should be professionally dedicated, extensively experienced in term maintenance contracts, knowledgeable of low and zero carbon engineering, innovative and enthusiastic with a flexible approach to work.
We aim to build on the success of our M&E design, term maintenance contract management and facilities management teams to create a business to respond to engineering services within maintenance and stock management, and to develop a zero-carbon response to our clients existing building stock.
We are looking for a self motivated Partner to share in our passion to bring low and zero carbon M&E services into every aspect of our clients building portfolio. We want to work with a Partner who has the vision to develop the integration between, design, maintenance and BIM services into a successful business structure to grow within the new and existing M&E teams.
You will be reporting to the M&E Equity Partner and will be involved in the group management, business development, mentoring of staff and be responsible for the timely and cost-effective delivery and management of projects. Building new business, interaction with Clients and other members of the facilities and design team will be a key undertaking of the position. You should pay attention to detail and be adaptable, demonstrate good oral and written communication skills and have an organised, mature and professional attitude.
• Report to, and take direction from, the Equity Partner for M&E services.
• Manage and develop our M&E facilities and design team for new and exiting housing and commercial building stock.
• Manage and develop our M&E term maintenance contract management and procurement management.
• Manage and develop zero carbon design for retrofit building projects with our design and sustainability teams.
• Manage and coordinate with our BIM team to develop new and inventive building management and maintenance packages for our clients.
• Manage and develop M&E maintenance contract management.
• Business Development, new business building and winning work.
• Team Development and Client management.
• Prepare design programmes for production deliverables.
• Supervise and prepare formal technical proposals and fee bids.
• Supervise and mentor Engineers and Technicians within the team.
• Financial and resource management of projects.
• Manage projects from inception to completion to ensure that deliverables are issued to programme, to the required quality standard and within the budget set by the Group Leader.
• Assist in pursuing late payments by Clients.
• Undertake survey inspections and produce written reports to a high standard.
• Prepare reports, general correspondence, etc. as required in connection with the running of projects.
• Undertake scheme and detailed design as appropriate on individual projects, including preparation of detailed design calculations, checking drawings and other deliverables where required.
• When required by the Group Leader, assist other members of the Team to complete tasks, particularly in relation to meeting project deadlines.
• Liaise with other members of the design and construction team, representing the Engineering Group.
• A Degree specifically in M&E Engineering.
• Experience of leading an Engineering design team on projects with construction values in excess of £40M.
• Proven leadership skills, including business development, client relationship management, technical leadership, team building and motivation.
• Excellent communication skills including the ability to write compelling proposals and deliver engaging presentations to existing and prospective clients.
• Excellent knowledge of standard engineering practices, maintenance, techniques and procedures.
• A high level of understanding of project management principles and practices.
• Sound knowledge of construction contracts and professional agreements and experience in negotiating fee agreements.
• Familiar and empathetic with all forms of building construction.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Able to produce written reports to a high standard.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Self-starter, motivated, personable and confident.
• Team worker with good communication and people management skills through a mature and professional attitude.
• Proactive individual with the ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
• Hold current UK driving license.
To be identified as a trusted client advisor; national in reach, local in service and selected for our quality and expertise in the build environment.
To develop an M&E design and facilities management team to respond to clients management and development of their existing and new building stock.
To have a passion for sustainability and zero carbon emissions in existing buildings.
- Professional Integrity
- Technical Expertise
- Solution Focused
- Reliable Personal Service
- Team Player
Training and Development
The Practice is keen to assist individuals in developing work related professional interests. The Practice takes training seriously, providing practical and financial assistance to all personnel.
Calfordseaden is an Equal Opportunities Employer and is committed to and support the principles of equality of opportunity in employment, training and service delivery.
Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006: List of Documents
The Practice is required under this Act to ensure that all Employees have the right to work in the UK and the right to do the work offered.
At interview all potential Employees must provide one of the original documents set out in List A or two of the original documents in the combinations given in List B (Please see Supporting Document 1). It is not necessary to produce documents from both lists.
Photocopies of documents provided will be retained on the successful applicant's file.
This job description will be subject to review in the light of changing circumstances and may include other duties and responsibilities as may be determined. It is not intended to be rigid or inflexible but should be regarded as providing guidelines within which the individual works.
Under General Data Protection Act 2018 all employees are responsible for records held, created or used as part of their work for calfordseaden, whether paper-based or electronic, which also includes emails. Records should be managed and stored appropriately and should in all cases comply with the requirements of the ACT.
The appointment is subject to proof of the attainment of any qualifications deemed essential to the post and used as a basis for shortlisting and selection. Failure to provide evidence of the required qualifications will result in the offer of employment being withdrawn.