We have an exciting opportunity for a Quality Technical Inspector to join our multi-disciplinary practice.
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate experience in both new-build and refurbishment, having a detailed knowledge of various forms of construction and ability in undertaking inspections of building works in progress.
You will need to liaise closely with Building Contractors, reading drawings, issue site inspection reports, research technical data, be comfortable working as part of an existing team and be able to use Microsoft Word and Outlook (and Excel is desirable but not essential) to prepare specific reports under the direction of a team leader.
The work will involve undertaking regular inspections of construction work to monitor progress and quality, verifying compliance with contractual drawings, specifications, warranty standards and Employer’s Requirements, identifying discrepancies, preparing written reports with supporting photographs. The work will also involve close liaison with Main Contractors’ site teams to review and advise on quality management.
There may also be a requirement to visit manufacturer’s factories/yards to review quality further afield so a full driving licence is required.
- Keep yourself up to date with building regulations and compliance
- Verifying compliance with contractual drawings, warranty standards and employers requirements
- Good observation to be able to identify discrepancies and raise these appropriately
- Prepare written reports with supporting photographs to a high standard and submit in a timely way
- Organise snagging and end of defect inspections with the client
- Maintain a good client relationship throughout
- Be able to write well presented reports to a high standard
- Be able to organise and prioritise own workloads
- Good communicator both written and oral
- Able to work under pressure
- Take a pride in your work and ensure it reflects our company image and expectations
- Continue to learn and develop your knowledge ensuring it is relevant and up-to-date
To be identified as a trusted client advisor; national in reach, local in service and selected for our quality and expertise in the build environment.
- Professional Integrity
- Technical Expertise
- Solution Focused
- Reliable Personal Service
Training and Development
The Practice is keen to assist individuals in developing work related professional interests. The Practice takes training seriously, providing practical and financial assistance to all personnel.
Calfordseaden is an Equal Opportunities Employer and is committed to and support the principles of equality of opportunity in employment, training and service delivery.
Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006: List of Documents
The Practice is required under this Act to ensure that all Employees have the right to work in the UK and the right to do the work offered.
At interview all potential Employees must provide one of the original documents set out in List A or two of the original documents in the combinations given in List B (Please see Supporting Document 1). It is not necessary to produce documents from both lists.
Photocopies of documents provided will be retained on the successful applicant’s file.
This job description will be subject to review in the light of changing circumstances and may include other duties and responsibilities as may be determined. It is not intended to be rigid or inflexible but should be regarded as providing guidelines within which the individual works.
Under General Data Protection Act 2018 all employees are responsible for records held, created or used as part of their work for calfordseaden, whether paper-based or electronic, which also includes emails. Records should be managed and stored appropriately and should in all cases comply with the requirements of the ACT.
The appointment is subject to proof of the attainment of any qualifications deemed essential to the post and used as a basis for shortlisting and selection. Failure to provide evidence of the required qualifications will result in the offer of employment being withdrawn.