We are seeking an individual with ambitions to develop their career with a leading, forward-thinking Practice. We are interested in ‘hands on’ individuals that are able to work within a team, set and maintain standards for quality and accuracy, deliver costing services on small and large residential projects, within the Midlands and surrounding Counties.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Independent management of projects from initial brief to completion whilst maintaining high standards for quality and accuracy.
- Procuring necessary consultancy services to develop a project to planning submission/tender.
- Preparation of robust and accurate tender and contract packages (OJEU, Framework and negotiated)
- The ability to review contractor/Developer and Designer proposals and ensure that the Employer’s Requirements are fulfilled.
- Preparing contract engrossments.
- Professional work including the preparation of cost estimates, procurement, tender evaluations, valuations, final accounts, claims advice.
- Carrying out regular site inspections, including undertaking snagging inspections, end of defects period inspections and handovers.
- Acting as Employer’s Agent, Client Representative or Contract Administrator for the delivery of the project(s), which will require:
- An understanding of development control and funding/delivery standards, recording and documenting and instructing necessary actions as required.
- Chairing meetings, taking minutes and following up action plans.
- Undertaking all day-to-day administrative duties on the delivery of developments under the terms of JCT D&B (or similar) Contracts or bespoke Development Agreements.
- An ability to identify aspects of risk and to seek guidance from Senior Colleagues at the correct time in order to manage and mitigate such risks.
- Full UK Drivers Licence
- University degree in either Quantity Surveying or a similar construction related subject.
- RICS qualified, or close to sitting final assessment.
- Experience in residential development.
- Good interpersonal skills, able to interact with colleagues, clients and wider team in a professional manner and develop new business opportunities
- Diligent with good attention to detail and able to think ahead and problem solve.
To be identified as a trusted client advisor; national in reach, local in service and selected for our quality and expertise in the build environment.
- Professional Integrity
- Technical Expertise
- Solution Focused
- Reliable Personal Service
Training and Development
The Practice is keen to assist individuals in developing work related professional interests. The Practice takes training seriously, providing practical and financial assistance to all personnel.
Calfordseaden is an Equal Opportunities Employer and is committed to and support the principles of equality of opportunity in employment, training and service delivery.
Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006: List of Documents
The Practice is required under this Act to ensure that all Employees have the right to work in the UK and the right to do the work offered.
At interview all potential Employees must provide one of the original documents set out in List A or two of the original documents in the combinations given in List B (Please see Supporting Document 1). It is not necessary to produce documents from both lists.
Photocopies of documents provided will be retained on the successful applicant's file.
This job description will be subject to review in the light of changing circumstances and may include other duties and responsibilities as may be determined. It is not intended to be rigid or inflexible but should be regarded as providing guidelines within which the individual works.
Under General Data Protection Act 2018 all employees are responsible for records held, created or used as part of their work for calfordseaden, whether paper-based or electronic, which also includes emails. Records should be managed and stored appropriately and should in all cases comply with the requirements of the ACT.
The appointment is subject to proof of the attainment of any qualifications deemed essential to the post and used as a basis for shortlisting and selection. Failure to provide evidence of the required qualifications will result in the offer of employment being withdrawn.