Due to increasing work we have an opportunity for an experienced traditional Senior Building Surveyor to join our multi-disciplinary practice in Orpington. You will lead on Project coordination, contract administration and perform general surveying duties. Due to the responsibilities and nature of the role, you must be MRICS qualified and have a relevant degree. You will be primarily working on housing refurbishments and residential projects worth up to 5 million pounds.
- Receiving Client instructions and agreeing fee proposals for various projects and professional surveying instructions.
- Surveying and reporting on residential, commercial and education properties.
- Acting as Lead Consultant for refurbishment and new build projects for public and private clients in different sectors including residential, commercial and education. Includes briefing Clients, design, co-ordinating consultants, specifying, cost advice, tendering, drafting contractual documents and contract administration.
- This is a Client facing role and will include chairing meetings, deliver presentations and attend resident meetings. There may a requirement to attend out of hour’s meetings from time to time e.g. resident and leaseholder stakeholder meetings.
- You will be required to mentor junior staff and provide support where needed.
- The role will require you to drive between sites so need to have access to own vehicle and a clean driving licence.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Due to the nature of the role you must have a minimum of five years’ experience.
- You must be MRICS qualified and have a relevant degree and ensure you maintain your CPD to keep up to date with legislative changes in the built environment..
- Experience of JCT contracts (both Contract Administration and Employer’s Agent roles).
- Party Wall and building pathology / defects diagnosis.
- Demonstrate good oral and written communication as the role is client facing and you will be required to give presentations, chair meetings and prepare professionally written reports to a high standard.
- You will need to manage client expectations skillfully and bring solutions to challenging situations.
- Be organised and prioritise own workload to meet tight deadlines.
- You will need to demonstrate your resilience as this position attracts a high volume of work and at times, can be a pressured environment.
- Ability to use AutoCAD preferable.
- Already working at this or similar level in a multi-disciplinary consultancy practice.
To be identified as a trusted client advisor; national in reach, local in service and selected for our quality and expertise in the build environment.
- Professional Integrity
- Technical Expertise
- Solution Focused
- Reliable Personal Service
Training and Development
The Practice is keen to assist individuals in developing work related professional interests. The Practice takes training seriously, providing practical and financial assistance to all personnel.
Calfordseaden is an Equal Opportunities Employer and is committed to and support the principles of equality of opportunity in employment, training and service delivery.
Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006: List of Documents
The Practice is required under this Act to ensure that all Employees have the right to work in the UK and the right to do the work offered.
At interview all potential Employees must provide one of the original documents set out in List A or two of the original documents in the combinations given in List B (Please see Supporting Document 1). It is not necessary to produce documents from both lists.
Photocopies of documents provided will be retained on the successful applicant's file.
This job description will be subject to review in the light of changing circumstances and may include other duties and responsibilities as may be determined. It is not intended to be rigid or inflexible but should be regarded as providing guidelines within which the individual works.
Under General Data Protection Act 2018 all employees are responsible for records held, created or used as part of their work for calfordseaden, whether paper-based or electronic, which also includes emails. Records should be managed and stored appropriately and should in all cases comply with the requirements of the ACT.
The appointment is subject to proof of the attainment of any qualifications deemed essential to the post and used as a basis for shortlisting and selection. Failure to provide evidence of the required qualifications will result in the offer of employment being withdrawn.