We are currently looking for a Senior Mechanical Engineer to join our M&E Team.
The role requires a mechanical engineer with sufficient experience to carry out surveys of existing plant, carry out contract administration duties and provide detailed design where required.
The post holder will be involved in a variety of mechanical engineering roles, including detailed design of HVAC, hot and cold water services for office fit outs as well as boiler room replacements.
The role also requires the engineer to carry out condition surveys on existing plant rooms and gas installations, producing scope of works and carrying out contract administration duties.
- Representing the Practice at meetings with Clients and Contractors.
- Take a leading role in the design and inspection team.
- Managing a wide range of residential boiler replacement and commercial fit out schemes.
- Develop and present project design proposals to a client following the external brief and internal discussions so that client requirements are met, acting as either lead internal consultant or as member of a team.
- Contract administration duties associated with gas service contracts and central heating/boiler replacement programmes.
- Carrying out quality audits and pre/post inspection services for works associated with gas service contracts and central heating/boiler replacement programmes.
- Prepare, ready for tender, specifications, designs, drawings, equipment schedules and contract documentation.
- Issue in conjunction with the client, contract documentation to tender, adjudicate and recommend appropriate contractor to meet project requirements.
- Establish and agree clear responsibility as lead internal consultant for the project.
- When acting as lead Consultant undertake all aspects of project management as defined by the client in his letter of appointment.
- Minimum HNC/HND in Building Services or Mechanical Engineering.
- BEng / BSC in Building Services or Mechanical Engineering.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD / Revit
- Member of CIBSE
- You are expected to be registered and maintain registration with the Engineering Council which will be reimbursed by calfordseaden.
- Continuing education, the employee will be required to keep up-to-date with developments in Engineering through undertaking continuing professional development on a regular basis.
- Good knowledge of Mechanical Theory.
- Good understanding of mechanical systems.
- Good understanding of British Standards and relevant regulations.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Able to work well in a team both internally and externally.
- Be self-motivated with the ability to manage own workload.
- Attention to detail in both technical design as well as survey experience.
- You are expected to maintain a high level of professional and engineering standards and observe the legal requirements and professional guidelines of the relative professional bodies.
Training and Development
The Practice is keen to assist individuals in developing work related professional interests. The Practice takes training seriously, providing practical and financial assistance to all personnel.
Calfordseaden is an Equal Opportunities Employer and is committed to and support the principles of equality of opportunity in employment, training and service delivery.
Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006: List of Documents
The Practice is required under this Act to ensure that all Employees have the right to work in the UK and the right to do the work offered.
At interview all potential Employees must provide one of the original documents set out in List A or two of the original documents in the combinations given in List B (Please see Supporting Document 1). It is not necessary to produce documents from both lists.
Photocopies of documents provided will be retained on the successful applicant's file.
This job description will be subject to review in the light of changing circumstances and may include other duties and responsibilities as may be determined. It is not intended to be rigid or inflexible but should be regarded as providing guidelines within which the individual works.
Under General Data Protection Act 2018 all employees are responsible for records held, created or used as part of their work for calfordseaden, whether paper-based or electronic, which also includes emails. Records should be managed and stored appropriately and should in all cases comply with the requirements of the ACT.
The appointment is subject to proof of the attainment of any qualifications deemed essential to the post and used as a basis for shortlisting and selection. Failure to provide evidence of the required qualifications will result in the offer of employment being withdrawn.