We have an opportunity for a Senior Mechanical Engineer to join our successful MEP and Sustainability Team where there will be an opportunity for career growth to Associate levels and beyond. You will be an integral part of our senior team managing projects and clients, mentoring colleagues, and influencing design and quality standards.
The culture of our team is to be a trusted client advisor who are selected for their professional quality service, enthusiasm and expertise in the built environment. We are seeking a like-minded, professional engineer to contribute their unique skills and expertise to our collaborative environment.
We offer continuous development through coaching and mentoring and in-house training to keep you up-dated on current case law and working practices on changes to legislation, all of which have contributed to our enviable record of success.
As a team, we encourage collaboration with colleagues from our other disciplines throughout the practice, so you can be sure your skills and knowledge will be enhanced through this collaborative approach.
Our multi-award winning business has retained its family culture and values where the health and well-being of our staff is taken seriously. We have a well-being initiative ‘Healthy Together’ and an active staff social club, where you will get the opportunity to meet other colleagues for social and fun occasions and build friendships along the way.
- Manage and deliver a wide range of projects including; residential, mixed-use, commercial, industrial and educational. Independent management of projects from initial brief to completion.
- Attend meetings with clients and multidisciplinary design teams as MEP project lead. Work independently and as part of an internal team of engineers, CAD technicians and sustainability assessors to deliver projects.
- Work with a range of client organisations, including; housing associations, local authorities, registered social landlords, private developers, main contractors, M&E sub-contractors.
- Develop and present project design proposals to the project team and client.
- Undertake project surveys including; site inspections, stock condition, refurbishment, post-occupancy performance evaluations, etc.
- Prepare high quality output information including; technical specifications, designs, drawings, equipment schedules, survey reports, and contract documentation.
- Work with the internal senior team to manage the MEP group resource and workloads.
- Manage and mentor junior colleagues.
- Develop new opportunities for the MEP team within the current client base and establish new client contacts.
- Work in collaboration with the multidisciplinary teams within calfordseaden.
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree or higher in Mechanical Engineering or Building Services Engineering.
- You will be required to keep up-to-date with developments in Engineering through undertaking continuing professional development on a regular basis.
- You are expected to be registered and maintain registration with the Engineering Council which will be reimbursed by calfordseaden.
- Good knowledge of Mechanical Theory.
- Good understanding of mechanical systems.
- Good understanding of British Standards and relevant regulations.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Able to work well in a team both internally and externally.
- Be self-motivated with the ability to manage own workload.
- Attention to detail in both technical design as well as survey experience.
- Proven experience in a similar consultancy role.
- Project History, experience of delivering large scale residential and/or mixed-use projects with heat networks and low carbon technologies.
- Experience with commercial Standards of Practice, you are expected to maintain a high level of professional and engineering standards and observe the legal requirements and professional guidelines of the relative Professional Bodies.
Training and Development
The Practice is keen to assist individuals in developing work related professional interests. The Practice takes training seriously, providing practical and financial assistance to all personnel.
Calfordseaden is an Equal Opportunities Employer and is committed to and support the principles of equality of opportunity in employment, training and service delivery.
Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006: List of Documents
The Practice is required under this Act to ensure that all Employees have the right to work in the UK and the right to do the work offered.
At interview all potential Employees must provide one of the original documents set out in List A or two of the original documents in the combinations given in List B (Please see Supporting Document 1). It is not necessary to produce documents from both lists.
Photocopies of documents provided will be retained on the successful applicant's file.
This job description will be subject to review in the light of changing circumstances and may include other duties and responsibilities as may be determined. It is not intended to be rigid or inflexible but should be regarded as providing guidelines within which the individual works.
Under General Data Protection Act 2018 all employees are responsible for records held, created or used as part of their work for calfordseaden, whether paper-based or electronic, which also includes emails. Records should be managed and stored appropriately and should in all cases comply with the requirements of the ACT.
The appointment is subject to proof of the attainment of any qualifications deemed essential to the post and used as a basis for shortlisting and selection. Failure to provide evidence of the required qualifications will result in the offer of employment being withdrawn.