Due to increasing work we have an opportunity for a Senior or Associate Building Surveyor with relevant degree to join our multi-disciplinary practice in Orpington. You will be assisting the Partners and other team members at an appropriate level to your qualifications and experience and provide a professional service to clients.
- Establish, maintain and develop appropriate contact with clients.
- Provide support and advice to Partners and staff, deal with client related issues and provide professional services as required.
- Supervise and support more junior team members.
- Assist in the training of all colleagues in respect of any relevant technical and interpersonal skills.
- Discuss and review own workload and performance on regular basis.
- Ensure RICS CPD obligations are met.
- Ensure compliance with document management system and company policies and procedures.
- Assist in maintaining full compliance with our QA/Environmental/H&S accreditation.
The Senior Building Surveyor will maintain MRICS status and will be expected to develop their competency through experience and continued learning. The Associate is also expected to demonstrate strong management skills.
- Each month report on progress on own projects and assist Partner in ensuring fee plans are updated.
- Attend group meetings, which will be held at least every twelve weeks.
- Attend one to one reviews at least on a yearly basis.
- To be alert to potential new business opportunities and in liaison with the Partners, pursue these to secure new commissions.
- To develop the volume and range of work applicable to the BS team and to be alert to cross referrals to other professional disciplines within the Practice.
- Develop client relationships and maximise repeat business opportunities.
- Managing the internal team including maintaining and developing internal quality systems, supervising and mentoring staff.
- Delivering professional BS services to a high standard.
- Maintaining and improving the profitability of the team.
- Preparation of technical and financial reports.
- Some evening and weekend meetings (e.g. tenant, planning, committee etc.) may be necessary.
- Demonstrate good oral, written communication and personal presentation as the role is client facing
- You should be professionally dedicated and enthusiastic with a flexible approach to work.
- You will need to demonstrate your resilience as this position attracts a high volume of work and at times, can be a pressured environment.
- Be organised, pay attention to detail and prioritise own workload to meet tight deadlines.
- Be able to work under own initiative and also as part of a team.
- You will be required to drive between sites so need to have access to own vehicle and a clean driving licence.
To be identified as a trusted client advisor; national in reach, local in service and selected for our quality and expertise in the build environment.
- Professional Integrity
- Technical Expertise
- Solution Focused
- Reliable Personal Service
Training and Development
The Practice is keen to assist individuals in developing work related professional interests. The Practice takes training seriously, providing practical and financial assistance to all personnel.
Calfordseaden is an Equal Opportunities Employer and is committed to and support the principles of equality of opportunity in employment, training and service delivery.
Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006: List of Documents
The Practice is required under this Act to ensure that all Employees have the right to work in the UK and the right to do the work offered.
At interview all potential Employees must provide one of the original documents set out in List A or two of the original documents in the combinations given in List B (Please see Supporting Document 1). It is not necessary to produce documents from both lists.
Photocopies of documents provided will be retained on the successful applicant's file.
This job description will be subject to review in the light of changing circumstances and may include other duties and responsibilities as may be determined. It is not intended to be rigid or inflexible but should be regarded as providing guidelines within which the individual works.
Under General Data Protection Act 2018 all employees are responsible for records held, created or used as part of their work for calfordseaden, whether paper-based or electronic, which also includes emails. Records should be managed and stored appropriately and should in all cases comply with the requirements of the ACT.
The appointment is subject to proof of the attainment of any qualifications deemed essential to the post and used as a basis for shortlisting and selection. Failure to provide evidence of the required qualifications will result in the offer of employment being withdrawn.