We are offering an exciting opportunity for a Senior Professional/ Project Architect to join our dynamic, multi-award winning architectural team. The position offers excellent career progression and development opportunities, benefiting from a wide range of exposure to a variety of project types, clients and build stages. You will be working in a highly coordinated multi-disciplinary environment on cutting–edge buildings, new and historic, with values ranging from £5m to £100m.
• To take a leading project role, either being responsible for project delivery as a job runner, or, on larger schemes, taking responsibility for a significant proportion of the project.
• To be aware of individual project parameters and take personal responsibility for delivery to programme, cost and quality requirements.
• To be aware and manage priorities and help to achieve both project and group deliverables.
• To be proactive in achieving continuous improvement across the group.
• To mentor more junior members of staff.
• Please note that we do not differentiate between Architects and Architectural Technicians / Technologists in this job description document but recognise these are, in reality, differing roles.
Essential Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
• Qualified professional with 10 years post qualification experience.
• Highly proficient in design and/or construction.
• Expertise in BIM, REVIT, NBS Create, InDesign, and Photoshop dependent upon discipline.
Essential Personal Skills:
Good interpersonal skills working within a multi-disciplinary office/company.
Desirable Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
In addition to essential knowledge of the Residential sector, it is desirable to have knowledge is some of the other sectors the Architectural team work in which include Retail, Education, Healthcare, Commercial, Community, Senior Living and Mixed Use & Regeneration. Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photoshop & NBS Create are core programmes within the office & knowledge of these is desirable.
To be identified as a trusted client advisor; national in reach, local in service and selected for our quality and expertise in the build environment.
- Professional Integrity
- Technical Expertise
- Solution Focused
- Reliable Personal Service
Training and Development
The Practice is keen to assist individuals in developing work related professional interests. The Practice takes training seriously, providing practical and financial assistance to all personnel.
Calfordseaden is an Equal Opportunities Employer and is committed to and support the principles of equality of opportunity in employment, training and service delivery.
Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006: List of Documents
The Practice is required under this Act to ensure that all Employees have the right to work in the UK and the right to do the work offered.
At interview all potential Employees must provide one of the original documents set out in List A or two of the original documents in the combinations given in List B (Please see Supporting Document 1). It is not necessary to produce documents from both lists.
Photocopies of documents provided will be retained on the successful applicant's file.
This job description will be subject to review in the light of changing circumstances and may include other duties and responsibilities as may be determined. It is not intended to be rigid or inflexible but should be regarded as providing guidelines within which the individual works.
Under General Data Protection Act 2018 all employees are responsible for records held, created or used as part of their work for calfordseaden, whether paper-based or electronic, which also includes emails. Records should be managed and stored appropriately and should in all cases comply with the requirements of the ACT.
The appointment is subject to proof of the attainment of any qualifications deemed essential to the post and used as a basis for shortlisting and selection. Failure to provide evidence of the required qualifications will result in the offer of employment being withdrawn.