We have an exciting opportunity to work with our professionally dedicated, innovative and enthusiastic Civil and Structural Engineers.
You will need to have a flexible approach to deliver timely and cost effective projects which include but not limited to; inspecting and reporting on existing structures, party wall engineering reviews, detailed design of structural elements and business development.
We offer continuous development through coaching and mentoring and in-house training to keep you up-dated on current case law and working practices on changes to legislation, all of which have contributed to our enviable record of success.
As a team, we encourage collaboration with colleagues from our other disciplines throughout the practice, so you can be sure your skills and knowledge will be enhanced through this collaborative approach.
Our multi-award winning business has retained its family culture and values where the health and wellbeing of our staff is taken seriously. We have a well-being initiative ‘Healthy Together’ and an active staff social club, where you will get the opportunity to meet other colleagues for social and fun occasions and build friendships along the way.
You must hold a current UK driving license to perform the requirements of the role.
- Manage projects from inception to completion to ensure that they are issued to programme and to the required quality standard whilst managing financial resources
- Act as lead or sole designer as appropriate undertaking schemes and detailed design programmes, surveys, preparing accurate calculations, checking and reviewing drawings
- Prepare high quality reports, correspondence and other documentation as appropriate
- Review structural information for 'Adjoining Owner' party wall awards providing commentary
- Supervise and mentor colleagues to support them complete tasks and meet project deadlines
- Develop strong client relationships to generate new and repeat business wins
- A Civil or Structural Engineering Degree
- Chartered Engineer (CEng) and Member of Institute of Civil Engineers (MICE) or
- Institute of Structural Engineers (MIStructE)
- Must demonstrate an understanding of standard engineering practices, techniques and procedures
- Be able to show a high level of project management practices and principles
- Must be able to compose high quality and highly detailed written reports
- Due to the nature of the high quality consultancy work involved, excellent communication skills are required in both, spoken and written English.
- Must be a pro-active self-starter, motivated, confident and able to work with minimal supervision using your own initiative but work well within the team
- Proven people management skills with an aptitude to supporting others to learn and develop
- Keep your own CPD up-to-date through learning and development activities
- Proficient in the use of analysis and design software (TEDDS, TSD or similar)
- Minimum of 5 years' high quality design experience on UK building structures projects worth in excess of £40m, specifically; reinforced concrete, structural steelwork, masonry and timber, refurbishment, change of use designs and new build work
- Proven track record of leading and managing structural engineering design projects
- Providing multi-disciplinary consultancy services
- Managing multi-disciplinary project teams comprising internal teams and sub-consultants
- Proven track record of business development, securing both new and repeat contracts
Training and Development
The Practice is keen to assist individuals in developing work related professional interests. The Practice takes training seriously, providing practical and financial assistance to all personnel.
Calfordseaden is an Equal Opportunities Employer and is committed to and support the principles of equality of opportunity in employment, training and service delivery.
Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006: List of Documents
The Practice is required under this Act to ensure that all Employees have the right to work in the UK and the right to do the work offered.
At interview all potential Employees must provide one of the original documents set out in List A or two of the original documents in the combinations given in List B (Please see Supporting Document 1). It is not necessary to produce documents from both lists.
Photocopies of documents provided will be retained on the successful applicant's file.
This job description will be subject to review in the light of changing circumstances and may include other duties and responsibilities as may be determined. It is not intended to be rigid or inflexible but should be regarded as providing guidelines within which the individual works.
Under General Data Protection Act 2018 all employees are responsible for records held, created or used as part of their work for calfordseaden, whether paper-based or electronic, which also includes emails. Records should be managed and stored appropriately and should in all cases comply with the requirements of the ACT.
The appointment is subject to proof of the attainment of any qualifications deemed essential to the post and used as a basis for shortlisting and selection. Failure to provide evidence of the required qualifications will result in the offer of employment being withdrawn.