We are a growing consultancy practice and due to increasing business we are looking for an experienced Senior Surveyor/EA to join our expanding team of Employer’s Agents where your contribution will be highly valued. We can offer you the opportunity to be involved with an exciting range of new build housing and mixed-use regeneration projects, with values in the range of £2-£100m+, within London and the surrounding home-counties, working with some of our prestigious clients.
Main Responsibilities and Duties:
The successful applicant will be able to hone their skills to effectively perform as an Employer’s Agent managing build projects from inception to completion, including but not limited to:
- Developing a client brief and assembling the project delivery team
- Procuring necessary consultancy services to develop a project to planning submission/tender
- Preparation of robust and accurate tender and contract packages
- Undertaking various forms of tender process (OJEU framework and negotiated)
- The ability to analyse and review Contractor/Developer and Designer proposals and ensure that the Employer’s Requirements are fulfilled
- Preparing contract engrossments
- Have a thorough understanding of the upcoming Building Safety Bill
- Acting as Employer’s Agent, Client Representative or Contract Administrator for the delivery of the project(s) which will require:
- An understanding of development control and funding/delivery standards within the housing sector
- Chairing meetings, taking minutes and following up action plans
- Undertaking all day-to-day administrative duties on the delivery of developments under the terms of JCT, D&B or similar Contracts or bespoke Development Agreements
- An ability to record, document and instruct necessary actions as required for the delivery of Contracts
- An ability to identify aspects of risk and to seek guidance from Senior Colleagues at the correct time in order to manage and mitigate such risks.
Although you shall have an ability to undertake the above functions autonomously, the candidate shall recognise when additional or senior input is required.
Person Specification – Essential Criteria (qualifications, experience, skills, qualities)
- University degree in Project Management, Building Surveying or a similar construction related subject
- Must have a minimum of 5 years’ post qualification experience as an Employer’s Agent combined with PM/Building surveying background
- RICS qualified
- Experience in residential development
- Good interpersonal skills, able to interact with colleagues, clients, and the wider team in a professional manner
- Able to work within a team
- Sound commercial awareness
- Diligent with attention to detail
- Able to think ahead and problem solve
- An ability to form and develop client relationships and to seek to develop new business opportunities
- A desire to coach/manage junior colleagues by working collaboratively for the successful delivery of projects.
- Experience in preparation of Value for Money Reports
- Full UK Drivers Licence
- The post holder will need a valid CSCS card
Our multi-award winning business has retained its family culture and values where the health and wellbeing of our staff is taken seriously. We have a well-being initiative ‘Healthy Together’ and an active staff social club where you will get the opportunity to meet other colleagues for social and fun occasions and build friendships along the way.
To be identified as a trusted client advisor; national in reach, local in service and selected for our quality and expertise in the build environment.
- Professional Integrity
- Technical Expertise
- Solution Focused
- Reliable Personal Service
Training and Development
The Practice is keen to assist individuals in developing work related professional interests. The Practice takes training seriously, providing practical and financial assistance to all personnel.
Calfordseaden is an Equal Opportunities Employer and is committed to and support the principles of equality of opportunity in employment, training and service delivery.
Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006: List of Documents
The Practice is required under this Act to ensure that all Employees have the right to work in the UK and the right to do the work offered.
At interview all potential Employees must provide one of the original documents set out in List A or two of the original documents in the combinations given in List B (Please see Supporting Document 1). It is not necessary to produce documents from both lists.
Photocopies of documents provided will be retained on the successful applicant's file.
This job description will be subject to review in the light of changing circumstances and may include other duties and responsibilities as may be determined. It is not intended to be rigid or inflexible but should be regarded as providing guidelines within which the individual works.
Under General Data Protection Act 2018 all employees are responsible for records held, created or used as part of their work for calfordseaden, whether paper-based or electronic, which also includes emails. Records should be managed and stored appropriately and should in all cases comply with the requirements of the ACT.
The appointment is subject to proof of the attainment of any qualifications deemed essential to the post and used as a basis for shortlisting and selection. Failure to provide evidence of the required qualifications will result in the offer of employment being withdrawn.