We are a growing consultancy practice and due to increasing business we are looking for a Surveyor/EA to join our expanding team of Employer’s Agents where your contribution will be highly valued.
The successful candidate will be required to work as part of a Group to work independently and assist in the role of Employer’s Agent / Clients Representative and to undertake other surveying duties as may be required from time to time within the capabilities of the candidate.
Main Responsibilities and Duties:
- You will be Assisting senior members of staff in Employer’s Agent and Client Representative duties on a wide range of high-profile new build housing and regeneration projects within London and the surrounding Counties.
- You will be independently responsible for working on various stages of projects from inception to completion, working within a team, to ensure that they are completed on time, within budget and to the highest quality.
- You will report directly to a Partner within the practice.
- You will be an enthusiastic, self-starter, who is proactive, capable of working independently and remotely.
- Must be keen and willing to learn.
- Someone looking to progress their career as an E.A.
- Must be articulate with a high standard of written and verbal communication skills.
- An ability to take instructions from Senior colleagues within the team and report back.
- Use your initiative to progress tasks and functions autonomously as instructed.
- Capable of working to and reporting on deadlines.
- You will be diligent with attention to detail
- Pro-active and driven individual
- Good communicator
- You will have strong interpersonal skills
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Organisational skills
- Contractual Awareness (JCT, D&B)
- Up to date construction techniques
Qualifications and Experience
- University degree and working towards APC/RICS qualifications
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in surveying, EA and residential sector
- The post holder will need a valid CSCS card.
- You will be required to drive between sites so need to have access to own vehicle and a clean driving licence.
To be identified as a trusted client advisor; national in reach, local in service and selected for our quality and expertise in the build environment.
- Professional Integrity
- Technical Expertise
- Solution Focused
- Reliable Personal Service
Training and Development
The Practice is keen to assist individuals in developing work related professional interests. The Practice takes training seriously, providing practical and financial assistance to all personnel.
Calfordseaden is an Equal Opportunities Employer and is committed to and support the principles of equality of opportunity in employment, training and service delivery.
Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006: List of Documents
The Practice is required under this Act to ensure that all Employees have the right to work in the UK and the right to do the work offered.
At interview all potential Employees must provide one of the original documents set out in List A or two of the original documents in the combinations given in List B (Please see Supporting Document 1). It is not necessary to produce documents from both lists.
Photocopies of documents provided will be retained on the successful applicant's file.
This job description will be subject to review in the light of changing circumstances and may include other duties and responsibilities as may be determined. It is not intended to be rigid or inflexible but should be regarded as providing guidelines within which the individual works.
Under General Data Protection Act 2018 all employees are responsible for records held, created or used as part of their work for calfordseaden, whether paper-based or electronic, which also includes emails. Records should be managed and stored appropriately and should in all cases comply with the requirements of the ACT.
The appointment is subject to proof of the attainment of any qualifications deemed essential to the post and used as a basis for shortlisting and selection. Failure to provide evidence of the required qualifications will result in the offer of employment being withdrawn.