We are a growing consultancy practice and due to increasing business we are looking for an experienced Surveyor/EA to join our expanding team of Employer’s Agents where your contribution will be highly valued. We can offer you the opportunity to be involved with an exciting range of new build housing and mixed use regeneration projects, worth up to £20m in value, within London and the surrounding home-counties working with some of our prestigious clients.
We offer continuous development through coaching and mentoring and in-house training to keep you up-dated on current case law and working practices on changes to legislation, all of which have contributed to our enviable record of RICS APC success. As a team, we encourage collaboration with colleagues from our other disciplines throughout the practice, so you can be sure your skills and knowledge will be enhanced through this collaborative approach.
Our multi-award winning business has retained its family culture and values where the health and wellbeing of our staff is taken seriously. We have a well-being initiative ‘Healthy Together’ and an active staff social club where you will get the opportunity to meet other colleagues for social and fun occasions and build friendships along the way.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- To prepare robust and accurate tender and contract packages
- A sound understanding of development control and funding/delivery standards within the housing sector
- Chair meetings as required
- Undertake all day to day administrative duties on the delivery of new build housing (and mixed-use developments) under the terms of JCT, D&B contracts or bespoke Development Agreements
- Responsible for working on project stages from inception to completion ensuring they are completed to the highest quality, on time and within budget
- Accurately record, document and instruct necessary actions as required for the delivery of contracts
- Identify risk and seek guidance from senior colleagues to mitigate and manage such risks
- Carry out inspections and valuations and prepare reports
- To work autonomously but to recognise when additional or senior input is required
- Report directly to the partner in charge
- Relevant degree and working towards APC/RICS qualifications
- Building/Quantity Surveying background with a minimum of two years’ experience
- Proven experience working as an Employers Agent
- Some experience of party wall matters
- Diligent with attention to detail
- Able to think ahead and problem solve
- Good oral and written communication
- Good interpersonal skills
- Client facing so good personal presentation
- Able to negotiate difficult situations to provide a good outcome
- Organised and able to prioritise own workload
- Calm under pressure
- Be able to work under own initiative and also as part of a team
- The role will require you to drive between sites so need to have access to own vehicle and a clean driving licence
To be identified as a trusted client advisor; national in reach, local in service and selected for our quality and expertise in the built environment
- Professional Integrity
- Technical Expertise
- Solution Focused
- Reliable Personal Service
Training and Development
The Practice is keen to assist individuals in developing work related professional interests. The Practice takes training seriously, providing practical and financial assistance to all personnel.
Calfordseaden is an Equal Opportunities Employer and is committed to and support the principles of equality of opportunity in employment, training and service delivery.
Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006: List of Documents
The Practice is required under this Act to ensure that all Employees have the right to work in the UK and the right to do the work offered.
At interview all potential Employees must provide one of the original documents set out in List A or two of the original documents in the combinations given in List B (Please see Supporting Document 1). It is not necessary to produce documents from both lists.
Photocopies of documents provided will be retained on the successful applicant's file.
This job description will be subject to review in the light of changing circumstances and may include other duties and responsibilities as may be determined. It is not intended to be rigid or inflexible but should be regarded as providing guidelines within which the individual works.
Under General Data Protection Act 2018 all employees are responsible for records held, created or used as part of their work for calfordseaden, whether paper-based or electronic, which also includes emails. Records should be managed and stored appropriately and should in all cases comply with the requirements of the ACT.
The appointment is subject to proof of the attainment of any qualifications deemed essential to the post and used as a basis for shortlisting and selection. Failure to provide evidence of the required qualifications will result in the offer of employment being withdrawn.