This role is suitable for a candidate with existing experience of delivering residential/mixed-use projects with detailed knowledge of low carbon technologies and sustainable design.
The role will provide you with an opportunity to become an integral part of our successful Sustainability Team. You will be responsible for the day-to-day delivery of projects including sustainability assessments (BREEAM, HQM, Passive House), planning reports and client liaison.
The culture in our team is to be a trusted client advisor, selected for our professional quality service, enthusiasm and expertise in the built environment.
The candidate is expected to be conscientious, enthusiastic, well organised and professional. They must provide a constant positive influence within the team. The candidate is expected to be proactive with developing their own and others knowledge, while driving standards and quality throughout the team.
- Work on a wide range of projects including residential, mixed-use, commercial, industrial and educational.
- Attend meetings with clients and multidisciplinary design teams as Sustainability Consultant.
- Develop and present project sustainability design proposals to the project team and client.
- Undertake project assessments including Part L (SAP, SBEM), BREEAM, HQM, PassiveHouse.
- Undertake Overheating simulations and present report findings.
- Undertake energy surveys of buildings.
- Undertake BREEAM Assessments.
- Assess project designs for BREEAM compliance and recording evidence.
- Prepare high quality information including sustainability assessments, planning reports, presentations.
- Maintain regular contact with clients.
- Continue to improve your own technical knowledge.
- Report resource information to senior group managers.
- Hold an academic or industry qualification related to sustainability or design.
- Detailed knowledge of low carbon and sustainable design and London Plan Energy Policy.
- Qualified Part L Assessor (SAP/SBEM).
- BREEAM Qualified Assesses with experience of conducting BREEAM Assessments under both BREEAM New Construction 2018 and BREEAM Refurbishment & Fit-out 2014.
- Ability to use sustainability software such as IES:VE.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills.
- On a daily basis, provide support to the team, deal with client related issues and provide professional services as required.
- Each month ensure that project and team progress reports are completed and report to the senior team.
- Maintain high standards of professionalism at all times.
- Mange projects effectively and to the satisfaction of the client.
- Maintain high quality project records and information.
- Attend group meetings.
- Develop your own and the team’s knowledge and technical expertise.
To be identified as a trusted client advisor; national in reach, local in service and selected for our quality and expertise in the build environment.
- Professional Integrity
- Technical Expertise
- Solution Focused
- Reliable Personal Service
Training and Development
The Practice is keen to assist individuals in developing work related professional interests. The Practice takes training seriously, providing practical and financial assistance to all personnel.
Calfordseaden is an Equal Opportunities Employer and is committed to and support the principles of equality of opportunity in employment, training and service delivery.
Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006: List of Documents
The Practice is required under this Act to ensure that all Employees have the right to work in the UK and the right to do the work offered.
At interview all potential Employees must provide one of the original documents set out in List A or two of the original documents in the combinations given in List B (Please see Supporting Document 1). It is not necessary to produce documents from both lists.
Photocopies of documents provided will be retained on the successful applicant's file.
This job description will be subject to review in the light of changing circumstances and may include other duties and responsibilities as may be determined. It is not intended to be rigid or inflexible but should be regarded as providing guidelines within which the individual works.
Under General Data Protection Act 2018 all employees are responsible for records held, created or used as part of their work for calfordseaden, whether paper-based or electronic, which also includes emails. Records should be managed and stored appropriately and should in all cases comply with the requirements of the ACT.
The appointment is subject to proof of the attainment of any qualifications deemed essential to the post and used as a basis for shortlisting and selection. Failure to provide evidence of the required qualifications will result in the offer of employment being withdrawn.